Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner July 2010

Football themed wedding - help!!!!

bradsheridan, 13 July, 2009 at 21:59 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi everyone!

I'm due to marry my football mad fiance on 17th July 2010, the colour theme is based on his football team (black and white), we're having a half time penalty shoot out ( between the wedding breakfast and the evening reception) and a half time raffle. Does anyone have some unusual ideas for football themed table centres??? Because I'm completed stumped. Is anyone else getting married the same day and if so how are the plans going??? xxxxx

12 replies

Latest activity by Peter, 18 July, 2010 at 00:04
  • Bridget Gump
    Bridget Gump ·
    • Hide content

Hi and welcome.

There are a few brides getting married on that day (I only know because it's my dad's birthday so sticks in my mind!)

I just bought these favours for the boys, something like that could work;

They're really good chocolate too.

For table centres I can;t really think of much, although I'm sure you could match it to black and white.

Tables could be named after legends from his team (Newcastle?) or to make it less team specific, England players? I only mention making it less team specific as, for example, my OH hates Liverpool so going to a LFC themed wedding would be his worst nightmare!

Invitations could follow a football them.

There are so many possibilities, I thik your problem is going to be decidin what not to have in a football theme tbh!

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    bradsheridan ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sarah-Kay

Thanks for the advice, we've getting those for the kids favors and having lotto tickets for the adults. OH is a Grimsby supporter and so are all his family - thankfully not many of my family are into it. I've just drawn a complete blank with ideas, we don't want flowers or candles or balloons as table centres so we're having a lot of problems with it. It's all his fault lol I'm blaming him as he's not here to defend himself xxxxx

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

Http://imaginativeicing.co.uk/wedding_cakes/slideshow1.html

THere is a football cake here if you skip through the photos.

Welcome to hitched by the way

• 22tango
    Beginner April 2010
    22tango ·
    • Hide content

Are you sure you don't want flowers? you could have black and white pomanders in different sizes (they'll look like footballs but be stylish at the same time).

Hi by the way, welcome!

• prettywild
    prettywild ·
    • Hide content

Could you maybe incorporate imitation trophies or cups - perhaps holding flowers? You could have a larger one for the top table with black and white ribbons tied to the handles. Table numbers or names could be in the shape of football shirts with the numbers on, likewise the table plan. Order of Service/Day could be like a match programme. Place cards could be like the old vintage collectable cigarette cards of players! You could have a Subutteo table set up in a corner for the kids (or big kids!) to play with in the evening!

• crafty em
    Beginner June 2008
    crafty em ·
    • Hide content

This is a table plan i sourced for one of my customers, not one i did myself, and is A0 size

Matching table names

if you'd like more details you can email me at ****************@**********.***

love this cake too!!

• A
    Beginner December 2010
    anglefish ·
    • Hide content

How about naming the tables after famous players and make them in the shape of shirts or names of other teams that are in the same league. you could put the scores on a shirt for table number ie

1-0

2-0

3-0 etc

how about using red and yellow cards somewhere in your evening or meal or in the speeches that might be funny. Or you could bring in a footballers wife thme along side it.

the table Numbers could be red and yellow cards or whistles, goals. if i think of any others ill post again good luck x

• Lou-smudge
    Beginner August 2009
    Lou-smudge ·
    • Hide content

We're having our reception themed on my other halfs fav football team, so far we have named the tables after players and instead of a square card with the name on we have card football shirts, he has made the table plan with the teams crest on, our flowers are based on the team colours and our place names have the team crest on too. We are lucky though as red and cream are quite common wedding colours but there is alot of beautiful wedding stationery ect in black and white at the moment.

• T
    TheRobBrydonShow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Bradsheridan,
    I hope you don't mind me contacting you. I work for a television production company called Talkback Thames TV and we are currently in the process of producing a brand new comedy/entertainment show for BBC 2.
    Hosted by Rob Brydon, the show will feature a mix of celebrity interviews, musical guests and an audience participation game. With regards to the game - we are currently in the process of inviting people to take part. In particular we would like to contact couples who are having themed weddings. Your football wedding sounds amazing and was wodnering if you and your husband to be would consider taking part?
    The game is a very simple one:

We take a couple who have been in a long term relationship. One of them will be placed at the side of the stage wearing headphones. The other will stand in a line up with two other random people. The audience will then try to guess which one of the three is the other half of the couple by asking them questions.

If this sounds like something you would like to get invovled please contact me asap on ***.******@**************.** / ****

many thanks

Ben Cannon

Researcher

The Rob Brydon Show

• bringon2010
    Beginner May 2010
    bringon2010 ·
    • Hide content

OOOOO that's sound DEAD exciting!!! :-) x

• amberlindsay
    Beginner April 2011
    amberlindsay ·
    • Hide content

?

How weird...I've been surfing the Hitched forum for most of the day (yes, I know - a little bit sad! lol); anyway; I finally logged off to do a bit of research about themed weddings and without realising it, I was pinged staight back to Hitched forum and to a post where the OP is getting married today! ?

There is no real reason for this post - just thought it was a little bizarre - hope it went well OP ?

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They would have to be imitation as we are talking about Grimsby football club..........

only joking.....I must admit that I truly admire supporters of lower league teams

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics