Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs Monkey
Beginner July 2013

For anyone who has bought their ring from Argos (or thinking of it)

Mrs Monkey, 18 April, 2013 at 17:50 Posted on Planning 0 6

Did you know that your ring is covered for one year warrenty and includes FREE resizing (or an exchange) even if you've worn it!!

I bought my wedding ring in February - I went in today to see if they could help because I was worried it was too small. She said I could exchange it (but they didn't have a smaller size) or send it away to be resized for free with them. I was so chuffed. I didn't think they'd be able to do anything because it was bought a while back, but she said it's covered for the year.

I asked about my engagement ring - because it's so big it keeps coming off Smiley sad and even though I've worn it they would exchange or resize (turns out that my design can't be resized because it goes all the way around the ring) So if you need it resizing after the wedding, they'll still do it!

It's something I wasn't aware of, so thought I'd share it Smiley smile

6 replies

Latest activity by Mrs Monkey, 20 April, 2013 at 08:42
  • mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

Brilliant! Thankyou for this :0)

I took out insurance for loss of diamonds so if anything happens they can be replaced. There are 19 of them so I'm hoping they will remain firmly intact! the diamonds were all recorded by some hand held gadget thingy too. But nothing was mentioned about an automatic warranty? I've actually been secretly worrying about my ring on the day. I have an inflammatory condition so my hands can vary in size several times a day. I bought the ring in what is officially my slim finger size, but have been worrying that even with a smidgen of vaseline or hand cream, if I'm feeling at all hot or stressed there could be an awkward moment when it comes to exchanging rings. I may see if aargos can resize it just a bit to ease my worries. Once it's over my knuckle it fits freely though.... Dilemma :0/

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

Hmmmm I can't see anything about it on their website plus my ring is discontinued. I'll just pop in and ask x

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

I suppose I could have a stand in but to me the rings are an integral part of the vow taking. I was thinking of just going up half a size to minimise the risk of struggling and/or red knuckles- not a good look for photos! :0o Tbh if I'm fairly sedentary on the morning of the wedding and can keep cooling my hands if they get warm my knuckles should hopefully not swell to the point of not getting it on at all. I've always managed (trust me, I've tried it on lots of times!) but with the ring having straight edges they can feel sharp when I have a case of 'sausage fingers- and yes, it actually says that on my medical records haha! X

• Mrs Monkey
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs Monkey ·
    • Hide content

Hi mum-wants-a-hat, I'm not sure if Argos covers diamonds being lost (I don't have any so didn't ask that one)

I found it really difficult to decide on ring size. I have a fear about rings getting stuck on my finger! I decided to go slightly smaller because a lady I spoke to in the family jewellers said that the ring will naturally make a groove, which means it won't feel so tight. I won't be planning on taking it off so should be ok.

I didn't realise 'sausage fingers' could be a medical condition!

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nor did I!! I was quite affronted when I saw him write it lol xx

• Mrs Monkey
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs Monkey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Smiley laugh they should make up a better word for it