Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

WickyWack
Beginner July 2013

For those having/had a registrar wedding - music question

WickyWack, 1 May, 2013 at 15:01 Posted on Planning 0 5

Struggling with decisions - I Have 9 weeks!

At the moment, I think I want to walk into "The Balcony Scene" by the Royal Prague Phillamonic Orchestra

I want either orchestral music or instrumental modern music IYKWIM!

But what about the middle and the end, and then the background music for the meal???

eek!

What are you having played/did you have played?

I'm looking for some inspiration!

Thank you!

WW X

5 replies

Latest activity by Helenia, 2 May, 2013 at 23:20
  • T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

We had a harp play during the ceremony, then a DJ play background music for the meal:

Walking in: Canon D

Signing the register: kissed by a rose- Seal

Walking out: I do I do I do- Abba

I cant remember the name of the songs, but whilst eating the songs were mellow, swing type classics with some jazz also.

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

My daughter is very out going, extrovert and a real rock chick....so she shocked us all by choosing the traditional here comes the bride on church organ for her, canon in D for the bridesmaids. For the register she chose songs from Meatloaf, Bon Jovi and Bryan Adams.

To finish off, she wanted to stay traditional.... but reflect her and her husbands zany side.......

Have a search for Gianmarc's wedding march........... it's a rocked up guitar version and worked a treat.

• littlecathy
    Beginner August 2013
    littlecathy ·
    • Hide content

If you like nice instrumental stuff, try Roy Todd and Brian Crain. Brian Crain did the 'Butterfly Waltz' used on Twilight when Bella walked doen the aisle. So cheesy, but actually a lovely piece of music... ?

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

We had a string quartet, and I had "La Rejouissance" from Handel's Music for the Royal Fireworks for my entrance, and Mendelssohn's wedding march for our exit. During the register signing they played "One Hand, One Heart" from West Side Story and "Sun and Moon" from Miss Saigon (I'm a bit of a musicals geek!)

We didn't have any music during the meal.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics