Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

helenparki
Dedicated June 2027

Formally Yours Suit Hire

helenparki, 6 October, 2011 at 15:21 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hello,

Has anyone used the website www.formallyyours.co.uk - they have a large selection of mens suits for hire for just £57. Sounds too good to be true really so thought I'd see if anyone else has used them?

I'm tempted as we're on a tight budget.

6 replies

Latest activity by Browny, 6 October, 2011 at 19:24
  • BespokeTailor
    BespokeTailor ·
    • Hide content

This came up a couple of years ago. Here's a link to the thread: Click

Since then I have seen the suits a couple of times from there, from my experience they are very heavy and feel quite industrial to wear but look OK.

Not a huge amount of choice or style. 3 basic styles in 3 (or 4) colours each.

They are certainly an option to consider for a tight budget, all of the reviews seem quite positive. And I very rarely hear about major issues with them (other than the few times I have to been asked to help in someway) unlike the High Street providers who seem to be always receiving bad reviews.

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

Just had a quick look on the website. They look quite good but a limited range of colours!

• C
    Beginner July 2012
    Chippers ·
    • Hide content

When it comes to things like this, I am a firm believer in you pay for what you get !

I have gone to a local tailor to get my suits, he is not the cheapest, but I know that all 7 of us will have as near to a 'made to measure' suit on the day as we can without having them made from scracth !

They are of fantastic quality and all the trimmings come with it, like matching shoes, and a brillint silver pocket watch for me as well !

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

I looked into these and even had samples sent they actually felt nice i had trousers jackets waiscoat and cravat samples you can order them online to feel the quality i did however go with my dress shops suit hire but only because i had 10% off for buying my dress there then got a further 20% off as i did it through my friends wedding. at the dress shop we ended up choosing the winter tails even though we get married in july as we felt they looked better and i think that is what the sample material was that i was sent from formally yours i havent seen bad reviews of them and would probably have used them if i didnt get such good discount and free cufflinks i love a bargain lol x

• helenparki
    Dedicated June 2027
    helenparki ·
    • Hide content

I’ve asked for samples to be sent so will see what it’s like. There isn’t a lot of choice with colours but I guess we could go somewhere else for the cravats and handkerchief.

Where did you find the feedback?

• BespokeTailor
    BespokeTailor ·
    • Hide content

Https://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews123817.html

https://www.hitched.co.uk

http://www.shobby.co.uk/shop,2418.html

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

Our suits were from Formally Yours and they were good! Exactly the same suits as you'd get from Burtons/Debenhams. They delivered when they said they would, they changed items that were too big/small in time for the wedding, they were clean and smart.

Dont think I have a bad word to say about them! You just have to be careful with the measurements but if there is anything that doesnt fit there is plenty of time to get them changed.

HTH

xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics