Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

victoriahbell
Beginner April 2015

Fortune teller?

victoriahbell, 2 of April of 2014 at 14:11 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi All

We are getting married on 06 April 2015 and we're having a carnival theme reception. I really like the idea of having a fortune teller at the reception just for fun, but my parents think it would be weird!

What do you guys think?

V

11 replies

Latest activity by ClaireD*, 4 of April of 2014 at 23:07
  • bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

It wouldn't be my thing, just because I don't like fortune tellers in general. I'd hope she'd only be telling your guests positive things!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

We had one at our University Ball and it was great fun!

I'd love it for the novelty value/unique entertainment kind of thing. Thumbs up from me Smiley smile

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What a great idea --- but so long as they are sort of spoof tellers, someone who does it kind of like an act that way it could be funny and also entertainment. I have seen at one of my weddings some spoof waiters that were very good so sort of like that.

• RebeccaTovey
    RebeccaTovey ·
    • Hide content

This idea sounds amazing! Perfect for your theme and a little bit different :-D Alternatively you could get creative with it, and instead have an actor of a fortune teller, to predict specific things for your guests so it's a bit personal. Or maybe you could get your hands on one of those booths with the fortune telling statue in, which have the cards dispensed from them, and again personalise. Hope these ideas make sense.

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

It wouldn't be my thing and I wouldn't go in but it would fit in with your theme, and agree it could be enjoyed by a lot of people as long as it's a spoof one and not someone trying to be serious Smiley smile

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

Not my cup of tea.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I'd love it too!

• TheCakeNinja
    TheCakeNinja ·
    • Hide content

I think its a great idea! Carnival / fairground seems to be a popular theme at the moment. I've recently been asked for a topper with the bride & groom riding the waltzer Smiley atonished

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

It's just a bit of fun but don't think it's suitable for a wedding.

what if somebodies future is all doom and gloom? Ha Might have a negative impact on the festive atmosphere.

or if everyone gets the same positive story everyone will be talking about what a con he/she is.

• FHB
    Beginner March 2014
    FHB ·
    • Hide content

I would love this as a guest..just for the pure novelty factor! I can see me telling everyone all about it for days after!! Beats a candy cart, chocolate fountain or magician any day. Plus photo booths have lost their novelty now too!

do it!! And can I come? Lol

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

I'd love this - again, as long as it was guaranteed to be upbeat, and a 'funny' or 'spoof' one would be even better.

I've had my fortune told once, not at my request, by some work colleague, and it was absolutely horrendous. Very negative. Worst you can get. I still think about what he said to me when in the right context (ie. when thinking about my family), and 10 years or so have passed by Smiley sad

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics