Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ice Queen
Beginner January 2007

Forum Rules - Advertising - PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST

Ice Queen, 13 of January of 2010 at 08:31

Posted on Planning 273

We are getting lots of advertising on the site from members who do not advertise in the supplier directory Please read the rules before posting https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/content/ForumRules.aspx If you are not a registered supplier please do not put your website link in your posts or your...

We are getting lots of advertising on the site from members who do not advertise in the supplier directory

Please read the rules before posting

https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/content/ForumRules.aspx

If you are not a registered supplier please do not put your website link in your posts or your signature or they will be removed

If you are a registered supplier please ensure that the supplier logo is on your profile so that your posts are not accidently deleted

Many thanks

273 replies

• Wedding Photographer
    Wedding Photographer ·
    • Hide content

Sorted - spoke to Dean

Thanks

• millie&me
    Beginner October 2016
    millie&me ·
    • Hide content

Hellooooo,

I'm back!

Not been around for a while due to various 'life' stuff getting in the way of Hitching!

Thought I had better check that my supplier logo is working (only just renewed though, so it may take a while!)

Nicky

• Adams Multimedia
    Adams Multimedia ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I'm Luke and I have just signed up for a 30 day supplier trial. I'm completely new to Forums so be gentle to me!

I am just checking I got the supplier logo thing correct.

Thanks,

Luke

www.adamsmultimedia.co.uk

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

Test

• B
    Beginner June 2011
    brianna63 ·
    • Hide content

Invest In Like a Pro: The Ultimate Trend Bible to Shopping for plus size mother of the bride dresses Excellent Scarlett Johansson for Custom Wedding Dresses InspirationSurprise! Hottest popular 2011 wedding gowns at Discount PriceExpert shopping Tutorials: velvet winter wedding dresses.

• Wedding Photographer
    Wedding Photographer ·
    • Hide content

What are the rules concerning images in a suppliers signature?

If we can have them, what size is OK, and is animated OK?

If we can't have them, why have they allowed to be used over a long period of time? and why the moment I pop one on thats exactly the same size as one allready being used, do I get to remove mine, whilst nothing else seems to change

Yesterday, after my 777x216* image was on for a matter of hours a moderator suggested I used text only, and that all suppliers were being e-mailed asking to them to remove thier images. Of course I have removed my signature image, but to be frank, I havent notices ant difference to anyone elses

Here is a thought
    In this thread alone, where I assume the powers that be lurk, and certainly the moderators have answered questions there are images dating back for months that have the following dimensions

637x123

502x76

500x97

315x166

624x468

450x96 (animated with 46 frames)

776x216 *

604x256

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

There is a post here concerning Suppliers Signatures:

https://www.hitched.co.uk/Chat/forums/p/195828/1942834.aspx#1942834

You can email Dean or Fran directly dean@hitched.co.uk or ****@*******.**.**

• Wedding Photographer
    Wedding Photographer ·
    • Hide content

To be frank, that really doenst clarify things

Whats a "large image"?

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

If you email Dean he will be able to clarify.

• Wedding Photographer
    Wedding Photographer ·
    • Hide content

I can e-mail Dean, and I will e-mail Dean later... and I am sure Dean can tell me whats what...

But untill someone actually decides and gets it in black and white in the rules and says either you can have:

- no images

- images up to X x Y are OK

- animated images are / are not OK

.. all that will happen is supplier after supplier will look at the existing images used by other suppliers, see that XxY size appears to be OK and invest time and effort into doing a graphic to be told to remove it, and sit there wondering why - when nothing much seems to happen to other suppliers who have images of identical or larger dimensions

• P
    Precious-moment.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Just checking...

• Wedding Photographer
    Wedding Photographer ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I emailed Dean and Fran, and have heard nothing

On the basis that as of yet not a thing has changed about anyones signature images, including the one with identical dimensions to mine, I'm of a mind to put mine back on

• Wedding Photographer
    Wedding Photographer ·
    • Hide content

UPDate - my email was answered and the rule is defined here: https://www.hitched.co.uk/Chat/forums/p/195828/1954704.aspx#1954704

• P
    Precious-moment.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Sorry but I don't fully understand how to get that supplier icon.

Could someone help?

Thanks

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

To get your logo up just follow these steps:

• Go into ‘View/edit my profile’ and click on the ‘associate’ button
    • If you click on this, you then need to enter your forum login details
    • Then 'Ok' this
  • P
    Precious-moment.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

When I'm trying to click on that link to supplier section I get error msg:

"Sorry we have a problem at the minute, the details of the error have been captured and passed to our technical team.
    We would appreciate it if you could try again later"

Is there any other way I can do that?

Thank you

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Precious Moment try this link:

To get your logo up just follow these steps:

• Log in to your supplier admin section at https://www.hitched.co.uk/Supplier_Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fsupplier%2fmemberarea.aspx

• Go into ‘View/edit my profile’ and click on the ‘associate’ button
    • If you click on this, you then need to enter your forum login details
    • Then 'Ok' this

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content

Re the sig issue - I posted on the thread in the HIBs forum but its pretty dead over there so ... I'll stick it here!

I've read thru' both threads relating to signature size etc and I have had NO luck at all even getting basic info/links into a sig, no idea what I'm doing wrong. Let alone posting massive photos and links to just about every online social networking site going!

But sigs on the whole are pretty much taking over the forums these days. As you can see with mine, i've just given up tbh, but even if I could work out how to do it, all I'd have would be my logo. But there are some with multiple photos, heaps of text, big text, coloured text, huge offers ... tbh with regular posting it just gets boring seeing the same thing over and over... and thats speaking as a HIB, so think how the 'punters' feel?!

No idea why the rule can't be that you have basic info - much like Sherries sig infact (and its not done her any harm!) - no photo's, standard size text, no flashy big coloured text that takes over a page - then we'd all be in the same position which is a lot fairer imo. We've got paid advertising on the supplier directory, we've can post a website address in our sig and surely thats all folk need...?

I know for one I'm fed up with massive of space being taken up with sig after sig, and if you get a conversation between a Bride and a HIB, its just overkill...

• Wedding Photographer
    Wedding Photographer ·
    • Hide content

Snow Patroller - you need to upload your image to some webspace, and then link to where it is

If you want somewhere to host your image - give me a shout - I can help you with that

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Wed Tog! Very kind ...

I actually really like your sig as it is - simple, to the point, but not 'look at me look at me'!!! Nice.... : )

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Leigh you can turn the signatures off and then you'll not be bothered by it anymore! That's why the facility is there after all.

My signature is a whole massive 1.7cm bigger than the one you like above! Some of the tickers on brides signatures are much bigger when they have 2 of them so if HIBS are going to be restricted when we pay and I'll be wanting the ticker sizes to be reduced as well although I couldn't care less about them at the moment. They are part of the forum, part of being a bride and counting down the days and part of being a HIB is having a good offer displayed. I certainly never thought having a coloured offer would create such a annoyance because they can be turned off.

I think it's a decision for Dean/Fran etc so your comments would be better off directed to them as I'd be happy to change my signature if it was a forum wide decision by the powers that be and I'm sure others would as well. More and more hibs are having bigger signatures because they have seen others do it, was certainly why I created my first one.

The signatures are set to be a specific size and Fran made one for me that was actually bigger than what I have now.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I think if people have a problem with the sigs then, as Lynsey says, it's easy enough to turn them off. I think if anyone had any major issues with it, they would contact the powers that be. I'm like you in that I couldn't figure out how to do it and it took me absolutely ages to fathom out how to just get a web link on but then I'm useless with computers!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Dean has addressed this here:

https://www.hitched.co.uk/Chat/forums/t/195828.aspx

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

So does that mean if the signatures are too big that hitched will let you know so you can amend it? Just Dean's thread isn't really clear on the size in terms of how much text you can have, are you allowed colours as that has annoyed Mrs SP, and the size of the text.

I'll stick with what I've got until my offer runs out unless Dean wants it smaller as that is easily done.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I think it is the size rather than the colour. There is a section in your Supplier Listing to post Special Offers. Maybe link your Supplier listing in your sig rather than all the other links?

• JessieE
    Beginner
    JessieE ·
    • Hide content

You mean, if I want to suggest a good website to the folks on the forum, or to show them my blog, etc, I'm not allowed?!

• Wedding Photographer
    Wedding Photographer ·
    • Hide content

Well that depends if you are advertising your services (or your friends etc) as opposed to saying "I brought my dress here" or "What do you think of these cakes?"

• Wedding Photographer
    Wedding Photographer ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Dean has been very clear about the size, the issue at the moment, is most of the current ones are over that size, so people who havent read deans post, which is "squirreled away" will be wondering whats wrong. The easiest thing would be to ammend the script where people upload the image and put a note in explaining the allowd formats and sizes

Talking about squirrelling thigs away, why was the thread about commisions and venues moved. In my eyes - that topic is wholey relevant to wedding planning, and something couples need to be aware of

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jessie

Your sig has a company name in it, and thats not allowed unless you are a paid up supplier... which you may be?? If so you need your supplier logo to be displayed ...

But if you want to point someone in the direction of a good make up artist or fascinator designer then thats OK as long as its relevant to the post (ie they're asking about make up artists or fascinator designers!) but the way you're advertising the company you got your engagement ring from isn't really allowed....

Can't comment on blogs - we have had folk with personal blogs linked in their sig, which aren't anything to do with selling anything and thats fine but if you're blog is selling any sort of service or advertising heaps of wedding related companies then I'm not sure how that would be viewed by the HIBs or Mods,

Welcome to Hitched btw!

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Only if you are technically minded and understand it! Which I'm not and therefore don't understand it. I just want to put text in, no logos or pictures so I still have no clue what flipping size I can use.

• Wedding Photographer
    Wedding Photographer ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If it helps... I will happily host a image for a hitched supplier, and provide the link to it. Just email me your image to hitched @ kingprophoto. com (remove spaces). to show your image, just click the image icon in the signature editor, and pop in the link

If you have webspace of your own, just FTP the image into the root of your webspace, and pop the URl in for it - it will be http://www.yourdomain.co.uk/imagename.jpg

note: You can only save your image in the format of .jpg, .gif or .png

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Wedding Photographer. I don't have any problems getting my signature to show and I've got a website but I just want to know how big in terms of mm/cm's the signatures can be as that seems to be the issue. I don't want images, just text so if I knew it would only be 5cm in depth I'd work to that.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics