Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs-HFA
Beginner December 2012

Found THE dress, *FLASH* - advice re-bolero/shrug

Mrs-HFA, 13 February, 2012 at 00:27 Posted on Planning 0 11

Completley surprised myself yesterday by finding MY dress. The first time I've gone looking, tried on 6 dresses, fell in love with this and didn't try on anymore. Even woke myself up today at 4am, desperate to sneak another look at it!!

Anyway, our wedding is Christmas 2012, and I'm unsure whether to have a matching jacket/bolero made to match my dress (it's being custom made) or to go for an ostrich feather type shrug/bolero.

Would any of you lovely ladies mind sharing your thoughts as to what you think would look best.

Thank you.

11 replies

Latest activity by Mrs-HFA, 13 February, 2012 at 15:16
  • westlakedesignsbasic
    westlakedesignsbasic ·
    • Hide content

What a beautiful dress, The first thing that jumped out for me was the ostrich feather idea, would look stunning with this dress. Smiley smile especially at Christmas time

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

I would def go ostrich feather or fur cape-let! Or, for something different, my step sister got married in the winter in Canada and wore a full length white satin, fur-lined cape! It was gorgeous.

• mummymrs2b
    Beginner April 2013
    mummymrs2b ·
    • Hide content

I like the ostrich feather idea but also think having one made would be nice. Lovely dress x

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I was going to say fur as it's xmas then looked at this lot and though maybe lace https://www.wed-shopping.com/bridal_jackets.php3

• M
    Beginner July 2013
    MrsM2be ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful Dress...It's gorgeous!

I think both ideas sound good tbh is there anyway you could get one of each to try and take the one you decide not to have, back to the shop?!

• Mrs-HFA
    Beginner December 2012
    Mrs-HFA ·
    • Hide content

Yikes, I haven't a clue.

That link def convinced me I don't want a faux fur one, with full sleeves, for sure. I was thinking something like this.......

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

The feather one is beautiful and would look wonderful and exuberant with the dress!

• princesssaraht
    Beginner December 2012
    princesssaraht ·
    • Hide content

Hi my dress is quite similar to yours, and as I am also having a winter wedding this year, I have gone for a bolero, similar to the ostrich feather one you like, but not quite as big! Lace ones do look nice, but they wont keep you warm!

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

I love the osterich feather one. it looks great Smiley smile

• *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

I had an ostrich/feather one and it totally finished off my whole dress

• Mrs-HFA
    Beginner December 2012
    Mrs-HFA ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks everyone - think that's my mind pretty much made up! We are heading into town to the Winterfest to have pis taken after our ceremony so it will be chilly and I guess it makes sense to go with a warmer one.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics