Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner May 2021 Essex

Freaking out

HappyPurpleCakes12349, 11 of November of 2020 at 00:43 Posted on Planning 0 7
Hi all so ok getting married in 6 months for the 1st time so other than marrying my partner i don't have a clue what i'm doing. Venue is booked but i have to sort out table flowers, name placements and basically the reception decor and organize a photograph all on a budget of about £1500-£1800 and i'm freaking out as alot of photographers seem to charge this alone and i dont know where to look for fresh table flowers for about £30-£45 per table then i've got the added bonus of freaking out about who is going to set up the reception on the day me or the venue? And also got a young child who is not in school an gets home tutoring so dont really have any me time to rush about and look up all this stuff and also have an illness which i am on chemo tablets for and stress is the number 1 thing that makes my health worse so please any help, tips or info you can give me would be much appreciated ❤ a panicking bride to be lol

7 replies

Latest activity by Shabir, 18 of November of 2020 at 08:08
  • R
    Dedicated September 2021 Essex
    Ruth ·
    • Hide content
    Hi!
    What's the most important thing to you? Is it having great photographs to cherish, or having the place decorated nicely? I would say that most guests don't even notice the decor (especially after a few drinks!) Spend your hard-earned cash on what YOU'D like!
    If you did some centre pieces, The Range do some great artificial flowers. You could also use old bottles/jars to place candles in, with perhaps some foliage placed around the outside?
    In terms of photographer... we're paying for one for the ceremony and some shots between ceremony and reception and then will ask everyone to take candid shots during the reception itself... firstly we didn't fancy having someone around whilst we're eating but also we're not hugely formal and are not doing speeches, cake cutting etc.
    Just remember, this is supposed to be a happy day for you, don't tarnish the memory of it by worrying about what you SHOULD have, make it what you want it to be. Good luck!
  • RomanticBrownStationery29719
    Dedicated
    RomanticBrownStationery29719 ·
    • Hide content
    Hey no reason to panic. You can easy do that on that budget if you are willing to make some concessions:
    Like having half day photographer (4h) likely will only be 500-700 but still give you amazing ceremony and family pictures.
    Do your own centerpieces the day before! It can be fun. You can buy flower buckets that usually have like 60-80 stalks of local grown flowers in them for like 60-70 pounds. These make 3-4 good size centre pieces or 7-8 Mason jars each so totally in budget (that's what we do).Get some outdoor fairy lights on ebay(black friday sale coming soon) likely like 10£ each string and squeeze fresh flowers in between... bam wall decor. Can even spray them as outdoor lights are waterproof so flowers stay fresh.And the morning of your wedding just make your husband and groomsmen put them on and hang up the decor etc. Just make a drawing of what you want. No one will notice if it's not 100% perfect. There eyes will be on you and your beautiful smile for sure!Uh an fplacement cards literally go for like 100 for 10 pounds on Ebay.... like nothing.Dont panic your budget would be considered generous by many tbh. Hope all goes well@
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

A few observations about photography. When people are eating I don't know any photographers that take shots but if I am staying until first dance I will usually take candid shots in-between courses. Time wise if your wedding is at a Church with a 30 min travel to the reception then 4 hours will be tight to cover until meal sit down. Be careful here as some some photographers will charge extra for any extra time.

Yes I am bound to say it, but invest in the best photographer your budget will allow and they will make everything look fantastic. Choose local to save costs too.

Get DIY-ing and eating jam, save your jars, use self adhesive ribbon to decorate. Fairy lights always look good, get them after Christmas in the sales in places like supermarkets, wilco, the range. Also use uplighters to wash up the walls and hit the ceiling. Coloured paper globes. Here are a few shots of DIY ideas and how fairy lights can look.

Fairy lights and uplighters.

Freaking out 1

Freaking out 2

Freaking out 3

Freaking out 4

Freaking out 5

Freaking out 6

Freaking out 7

• R
    Dedicated September 2021 Essex
    Ruth ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's good to know about how photographers may utilise meal times...may not be as intrusive as I originally expected. Something for me to consider ?
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Some also use the time to have something to eat themselves. I don't need much to keep me going and there are some good shots still to be had whilst the wedding couple visit and chat to tables in-between courses but when the next course comes out I will disappear for a bananaSmiley tongue .

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Are you getting married locally to where you live? May is a great time for flowers and most people's gardens look great at that time of year, so maybe you could go down the informal route of home-grown flowers in jam jars? I've seen this done at weddings and it looks lovely. Our church was decorated this way for our ceremony too, and I actually preferred it to more formal arrangements.

Photography is going to be your biggest outlay, but you can often find photographers who will do a half-day package, just the ceremony and some shots immediately after. That way, you get nice pics of everyone, but don't have to pay for a full day.

And you can find a lot of decor/stationery etc cheap online - check out ebay and etsy for starters.

• S
    Beginner August 2021 East London
    Sunil ·
    • Hide content

Try Faune.London on Instagram for flowers!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics