Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2013

Free samples at wedding fairs..?

AmeliaH5500, 10 July, 2012 at 16:10 Posted on Planning 0 7

At a recent wedding fair I attended there was a chocolate fountain on show and you had to pay to sample, which I found to be slightly off putting. Usually when I've sampled cakes it has been for free and I've even had an ice cream for free, should I avoid stands in the future that are asking for money? Has anyone else had to buy samples before?

7 replies

Latest activity by 3d jewellery, 11 July, 2012 at 17:05
  • Zoomo13
    Beginner August 2015
    Zoomo13 ·
    • Hide content

Iv never had to pay for a sample at a wedding fair before so that sounds odd

• O
    Beginner January 2011
    onetwothree ·
    • Hide content

At the National Wedding Fair there wasn't a cake sample in sight. Very disappointing! The cakes did look lovely, but the taste is as important!

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Agree - I was quite disappointed about that!

I have been to a couple of local wedding shows where there have been cake samples. Never seen a chocolate fountain at one, but if I had, I wouldn't have paid for it, and it would have put me off hiring them.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I have never paid or a sample at a wedding fair. How cheeky of them!!

• RachTN25
    Beginner December 2012
    RachTN25 ·
    • Hide content

Thats the only way I can get my OH to wedding fairs by promising there might be free cake etc lol

Rach xx

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content

Not at a fair, but I did email a cake lady and she said she did a sample box to try 6 flavours for £10. This put me off as its not even slightly discounted. I would never pay for a little mouthful as a sample, that seems ridiculous to me!

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

When i went to the one last year at earls court there was loads of cake to sample, what were they thinking??? why would you order a cake without tasting it first?

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I have been to one where the cup cake stand sold the cup cakes but they also did smaller tasting samples

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics