Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

CountDuckula
Beginner August 2009

Freezing sponge wedding cake. Can you?

CountDuckula, 18 August, 2009 at 11:41 Posted on Planning 0 3

I've just worked out we've got far too much cake for the number of guests so I want to save the top tier for us to binge on once we're back from honeymoon a special occasion. Can you really, really not freeze sponge or will it be OK?

3 replies

Latest activity by diamondsragirlsbestfriend!, 18 August, 2009 at 13:34
  • kelly29
    Beginner May 2009
    kelly29 ·
    • Hide content

We had a chocolate sponge cake with white chocolate icing and the top tier didn't get touched. I wrapped it in tin foil and put in the freezer.

We had a barbecue with both sets of parents a few weeks after we got back from honeymoon and had it for dessert. It was absolutely fine.

• diamondsragirlsbestfriend!
    Beginner May 2008
    diamondsragirlsbestfriend! ·
    • Hide content

A local baker made our cake and said we could freeze the fruit tier only but not the sponge tiers (sponge with jam and cream in). I reckon it would be ok if no filling in it but probalby not so great otherwise, but I have never tried it. If in doubt could yu freeze half of it and scoff the other half or are you going on HM straight away after wedding?

• CountDuckula
    Beginner August 2009
    CountDuckula ·
    • Hide content

Fab, thanks. I'll give it a go. We're going on honeymoon on the Monday so not really enough time to scoff an entire tier!

• diamondsragirlsbestfriend!
    Beginner May 2008
    diamondsragirlsbestfriend! ·
    • Hide content

Ah I don't know 2 days is enough when its comes to cake isn't it? ? ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics