Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Estina
Savvy October 2024 Gloucestershire

Friend upset about not being considered

Estina, 21 of October of 2022 at 05:52 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0
Last night I Had a Frank conversation with a good friend of mine. We went to uni together we lived in the same house.
She hasn't spoken to me for a month because she's upset that I didn't have a conversation with her for why I didn't consider her to be part of the bridal party.
There are a few reasons
1. I live in London she lives in Birmingham. 2. She has 3 kids 7 and under with minimal support 3. She doesn't work and let's me know she doesn't really have much money.4. When my H2B met her she didn't have the decency to pronounce his name properly. This went oh for ages. Making jokes at his expense about his name. I told her several times and she didn't stop until I made it very clear in a very hostel manner it wasn't OK. This in turn has made her someone he's not a major fan of. We have argued about a few of our close friends we don't want as part of the VIP because of how they made us feel.
With all of that being said I was her MOH 7 years ago. They had a no kid wedding. Things were hard for me as I wasn't working properly and the things she wanted me to do I had to find the cash for 2 wedding she had. Accommodation and she wanted us all drinking and having fun but the Bar wasn't free and I had limited funds.
She has since gone on to have 3 children. Very happy for them and we have always spoke and made sure we knew what was going on. We are struggling to have kids she felt fine to tell me yeah they just catch really easy. I've told her we are having no kids at wedding can't afford them but hers can come cos i get ur situation. She said yeah I get that but if they don't come I wouldn't be able to come. I ignored that.
Like I said we live far apart. When younger I was always up where she lived she never came down here. She moved in with partner way before I moved out so naturally she was like stay at mine. I now live with my H2B and she can't stay as we have no room for the kids.
So I said fine.
My H2B turned 39 and 40 during lockdown so when he turned 41 we Had a big party. They came. However 1 month later we were engaged and 4 months later we had a gathering to celebrate our engagement in a bar in London. It's way to far for them with the kids so I didn't even mention it cos it was just a fun time night out. I was very aware of location and money.She felt I needed to tell her.
Fair enough I thought I was helping. I explained this wedding is going to be expensive hen is going to be abroad so sort out passport and money for wedding weekend. I even said to her I was thinking about their situation and how I wanted her to read something at the wedding.

After a month of not talking to me yesterday she said she was hurt that when she asked me if I had sorted my bridal party I said yes and she wasn't mentioned. She said she has spent the time questioning our friendship cos she thought we were closer.I was shocked cos I thought I had done this with her. She was like I am not saying I need to be a bridesmaids but a conversation would have been nice.
Shes very upset over this bloody bridesmaids nonsense. She said cos I was party of hers she thought as mates she would be there on my special day. I can't have everyone.
Have I truly missed something because I never assumed anything all I hoped for was an invitation

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics