Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Savvy

Friends Film It - has anyone used these?

HappyBrownCars12359, 3 of May of 2020 at 16:57 Posted on Planning 1 3

Hi there,

My partner and I really like the idea of a video and have been looking at companies who send you cameras for friends to film the day and they edit it.

We are looking at this partly as some packages are more affordable for our budget, but also because friends of ours did this and their video is great; really fun and relaxed, and we're not fussed about having a super glossy / arty video of us!

Our friends used Shoot It Yourself, but their packages are pricey, but I've found a company called Friends Film It which look much more reasonable. I can only find reviews of them on their Facebook page. Has anybody used this company for their wedding video?

3 replies

Latest activity by Mintyslippers, 12 of May of 2020 at 08:17
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I haven't used them or heard of them, but reviews on a FB page are a good sign. A company can control who posts reviews on their website and can cherry pick the good ones, but it's impossible to delete unfavourable reviews from Facebook - the only way to hide them is to completely disable the review function. So as long as there are a good number of favourable reviews (only a few might suggest they got their family to write them!) you should be ok.

• Y
    YourWeddingFilmed ·
    • Hide content

There is also an option to tell all your guests to film bits with their phones, including boomerangs, fun behind scenes stuff etc. Phone quality is really good now. Then create a folder on a cloud and get all you guests to upload their clips.

You can then pay an editor online to splice all the clips together for you. You can find some great editors on UpWork/ freelancers with prices from only £150.

The small cameras these companies send out are not any better than the quality on phones from the last couple of years.

And by having a wider array of guests filming themselves you will get a more rounded film, whilst keeping the cost down.

• HappyPinkHair15172
    Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

We looked at all the options for a videographer and these DIY packages, but they were just too much money; in the end my eldest daughter and her bestie are going to video the day for us.

It's ideal for us as my daughter is my bridesmaid, and this gives her a specific and important role on the day, equal to her sister, who is my MOH. It also gives my daughter's friend a role so that she is not sitting with people she doesn't know for very long, as obviously, my daughter will be on the top table at the reception.

They already have equipment and experience as they are both bloggers and You Tubers, plus the friend has just graduated with a photography and design degree.

Just thinking, is there anyone with a similar background in your family who could do something similar?

• Mintyslippers
    Mintyslippers ·
    • Hide content

If you are looking at the DIY option then 100% go for Shoot It Yourself. We know the team who run it and while it seems pricey, thats what the cost is for a DIY video. Which means anyone charging less might not have really factored in all the costs.

Shoot It Yourself are also insured and have all the important bits in place which most dont actually think about. And given the current situation with weddings being cancelled there are likely to be a lot of companies who will not survive but I can see SIY coming out the other side.

It's sad to think that we now have to consider how robust a company is when selecting our suppliers.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics