Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2015

friern manor essex

suzannelewington, 13 of January of 2014 at 15:03 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hello ladies.

Only joined the forum today and am due to get married 9th august 2015.... very excited.

We paid our deposit on our venue on Saturday, friern manor in essex and was wondering if anyone else is getting married there? Xx

14 replies

Latest activity by Jenwake, 7 of November of 2014 at 21:36
  • Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I didnt, but we went to a wedding there just over a year ago and have another one there in june! Its beautiful, I am an OM and LOVED my venue, but I got serious wedding envy when we went there!

Congrats and welcome to Hitched! x

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

We're not getting married there ourselves, but have shot weddings there before and it's a beautiful venue. Is there any information in particular that you were looking for as we may be able to help? ?

Congratulations and welcome to hitched!

• N
    Beginner August 2014
    NadineL ·
    • Hide content

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    suzannelewington ·
    • Hide content

Nadinel where are you getting married?? Are u getting excited yet xx

• N
    Beginner August 2014
    NadineL ·
    • Hide content

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    SunnyBrownDiamonds138 ·
    • Hide content

We looked here yesterday, was beautiful. Me and my OH realky liked it but I woke up in the middle of the night thinking they didnt really have any nice land to get your photos taken on.

You have the front of the house. But the lady explained to us that your guests head straight into the gardens upon arrival followed by the bride and groom, it is only later I thought 'where would we be able to go have private photos taken?'

Some others we looked at arent as nice inside but have beautiful grounds.

Anyone have any experience here?

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    suzannelewington ·
    • Hide content

Hey

We are getting married at Friern Manor next August but I see what your saying. However photos I have looked at on line have some really nice photos of other peoples weddings near the lake or on the boat deck, depending what part of the house you are using.

There are also some lovely photos of the bride/groom etc in the gardens. It hadn’t occurred to me that the guests may see this happening but to be honest it wouldn’t really bother me if they did.

If it doesn’t feel right, it may not be the right venue for you? Maybe worth keep looking?

Love Friern Manor though and the staff have been so helpful, every time I go back I get butterflies =) xx

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    SunnyBrownDiamonds138 ·
    • Hide content

Thats true, might go back for another look and really explore the gardens if this is still our fave. Ive seen a few now, 2 just this morning, but was disappointed! Im looking for aug 2015 too!

So frustrating, just want to find somewhere I adore before they are all booked up!

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    suzannelewington ·
    • Hide content

Yay =) would be lovely if you booked there then we could be venue buddies =)

We booked in January for Sunday 9th August 2015 and when we paid our deposit someone had already booked the day before ours on a Saturday!

They do get quite busy I think so hopefully if you do decide to go with them you find a date you want. I have also heard their food is AMAZING! They have a night called intuition which we will be going to next year in feb time I think it is. You pay about £30 each for the evening but you get to have a three course meal and they have suppliers there that they recommend etc… quite looking forward to that.

Are you looking to get married in the coach house or the manor House? We are getting married in the manor house and our wedding is at 3pm. =)

We looked at a few but we have a strict budget and this ticked everything we wanted without blowing our budget. Def go back and have another look. Are you on a tight budget? If not maybe worth looking at Crabbs barn but that’s quite far up the a12 near kelvedon. My sister in law got married there and it was amazing. I was also going to go and have a look and channels in Chelmsford but that’s more of a barn but cancelled the appointment after viewing Friern Manor as knew that’s where we wanted to get married x

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    SunnyBrownDiamonds138 ·
    • Hide content

We were looking at 7th aug when we were there yesterday!! Yeh the tasting sounds good, valerie also told me about a wedding fair they have there in the new yesr for their couples.

Our budget isnt too bad 10-12 k for everything but most of these placed are so expensive. We liked the coach house for a reception. When we were there yesterday a wedding was about to take place so the manor house was set up for the ceremony and looked beautiful (the mother of the bride started telling us how she cried when she first saw it!)

We also Saw channels yesterday, was really nice, we just didnt like the space restrictions. Crabbs barn is a bit far for us, we are having a church wedding in brentwood.

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    suzannelewington ·
    • Hide content

Oh yes I saw your post the other day and mentioned Friern Manor. I used to live in Brentwood but we live in Upminster now and that was one of the other things we liked is that its not too far for most people we know.

Our budget is £8-9k for everything so we thought this place was perfect and couldn’t believe we could get it in budget! We are having about 55 guests in the day and then 70-80 in total in the evening so we are having the wedding in the manor house and reception. I also loved the bridal suite and the balcony over looking the pond/lake.

Im getting so excited just talking about it again! We went to the wedding fair there earlier in the year and we are now using their recommended cake lady, she is amazing and so helpful… she even has a bride on a budget cake if you need it which was £110! We ended up getting cupcakes with one tier at the top… ohhh U have me in full wedding mode now! Ive taken a back seat for the last month or so as have booked majority of our suppliers, found my dress and bridesmaid dress and is a case of just sitting back till nearer the time to get other stuff done.

Would be so cool if you booked there and got married two days before us! You could tell me all about it =) xx

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    SunnyBrownDiamonds138 ·
    • Hide content

You have booked so much already!! I havent done anything yet!! Oh I didnt get to see the bridal suite, had to get out before we ended up part of the wedding about to start.

My OH really wants a church wedding, and my lack of religious knowledge tells me we have to use our local brentwood church, then I dont want my guests to travel too far so feel a bit restricted on Venue.

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    suzannelewington ·
    • Hide content

Well let me know how your second viewing goes and keep me updated to where you choose! Good luck venue hunting =)

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    SunnyBrownDiamonds138 ·
    • Hide content

Just wanted to say I went for my secong viewing today, the place was stunning! Forgot how lovely it was, ive seen quite a few venues now and even though thiswss tbe 2nd time we have looked round it was by far our longest. We were there over an hour and a half! All the people were so friendly. We have narrowed it down to 3 now and taking MIL to see the other 2 tomorrow, so hopefully we make a decision by the weekend!!

• J
    Beginner August 2015
    Jenwake ·
    • Hide content

Hi me and my H2B are getting married at friern manor on the 27th august 2015

how exciting Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics