Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Ducky*
Beginner July 2012

Full-gather or centre-gather veils? The Wedding Veil Shop certainly delivered! Very happy girlie.

*Ducky*, 3 January, 2012 at 12:37 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi,

I would like my veil to be worn under my bun/hair-do, on a comb. And when its not over my face, to flow straight down my back, rather than over my shoulders.

Can anyone shed some light on the difference between centre gathers and full gathers? I am having a veil made (by an internet shop, eeep!) and they have a veil turorial but its still does make sense as they are explaining in terms of when a veil is worn on top of the head (behind the tiara), and mine won't be.

confused.com

Thanks!

11 replies

Latest activity by Nik_Nak, 2 February, 2012 at 13:14
  • C
    Beginner June 2012
    Country Flower ·
    • Hide content

As I understand it, If you imaging your piece of fabric and you gathered it in across the whole of the width (as if you were to catch it all up in your hand) that would be a full gather, Centre gathers is where just the centre/middle of the width of the fabric is gathered. The full gathered created the most volume. Hope this makes sense - maybe other hitchers will be able to enlighten you further.

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

Thank you!

That makes total sense. Veil ordered Smiley laugh

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

I know you've already had a reply but there is a pic on this site explaining too

https://theweddingveilshop.co.uk/id363.html

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry I never replied!

That's where my veil is from! I just needed the annotation to understand the picture. Thankfully all is clear now.

• C
    Beginner June 2012
    Country Flower ·
    • Hide content

Let me know if you are happy with it - I think I will be getting mine from there x

• claire_91
    Beginner July 2014
    claire_91 ·
    • Hide content

I'd looked at veils from there too but scared to waste money if it's not right as we're on a really tight budget. Would love to hear how it comes out. I'd go for a full gather but t is a very personal choice

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

My veil arrived from The wedding Veil Shop yesterday. I went for a diamond white (samples received first or course!) fingertip length, two tier veil. It was approx £40. Rubbish flash alert! I really struggled to take a pic of my back lol.

It also still has the tag hanging under my head. Wooops.

I have to say I am VERY impressed with the quality. I had tried some on in shops also but I couldn't find anything plain enough. The veil is attached to a comb in a way that no matter where you place it, top of head, top of bun, under bun (I tried them all!) you cannot see even a hint of comb! It's by far the best design of comb I have seen. And the comb is very veyr snug and secure. Can you tell I'm pleased with it?!

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

That looks lovely sammi!

• C
    Beginner June 2012
    Country Flower ·
    • Hide content

Looks really lovely - glad you are pleased with the quality - I'll order mine now! x

• D
    Beginner August 2013
    debs35 ·
    • Hide content

So glad you posted this, i was wondering where to get a veil that will be in the same position as yours! i will def look at the website too! thanks!

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

I'm glad you all like it too. I was slightly worried about ordering online, and as they are so reasonable, but I can honestly say the quality is as good (if not better!) than the ones I tried in several shops. It's beautifully soft next to the skin too (another worry it would be spikey).

I went for a full-gather in the end, mainly because I wanted it 'full' but to hang in a column behind me, and a centre gather gives a less-full, but wider hang.

• Nik_Nak
    Beginner September 2011
    Nik_Nak ·
    • Hide content

If anyone is interested, I'm still selling my one, BNWT from the Wedding Veil shop - open to offers x

www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/p/258428/2597031.aspx#2597031

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics