Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

sophamie
Beginner May 2013

Fun table entertainment

sophamie, 24 February, 2013 at 14:46 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi ladies

I'm looking to do a fun little idea for my table to keep the guests entertained... I'm wanting to do a little sheet each for everyone to fill out, so saying 'how did you meet X&Y', 'what's your favourite memory of them' 'how many children will they have, when, what names etc' 'what have we missed being on the top table' and 'draw a picture of yourself'...but was wondering if anyone had any other ideas of what questions I could ask them?

Thanks

Sophamie

9 replies

Latest activity by sophamie, 25 February, 2013 at 19:12
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Here are some ideas for you -- word search with words meaning somthing for the two of you.

Guess the amount.

I see this quite a lot - you have to guess the length of the speaches

I have also seen a cross word with things like what month did we meet.

You could even do both cross word and word search, but the word search with out words, so you have to do the cross word 1st and the answers to that would give the words to search.

1st to complete wins a prize

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

To me, tables of adults at weddings don't really need 'entertaining'. If it's a some jokey ice breakers, perhaps - but to be honest adults should be capable of making conversation with strangers, and as someone said, those questions would naturally come up. I'd be a bit insulted if I was a guest at a wedding and the couple thought I'd need a crossword puzzle to keep me quiet/entertained.

The speech sweepstake I've seen before, but more naturally done usually someone going round with a pint glass of pound coins and a bit of paper!

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

I agree with ATB, I am not a fan of forced fun. We had wine monitors on each table to make sure everyones glass was topped up and to tell the waiting staff when they had run out, this went down well and was a talking point. We made sure we gave the job ( and badge ) to the most outspoken person on each table which soon got the ball rolling.

People left to their own devices will talk though, I would say it is more important to get the right mix of people on a table though.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Agree with ATB

Eating dinner at a table is entertainment enough for me and I actually would find it quite rude/irritating for people to be doing these things at the dinner table (like I would be if someone was on their phone every 5 minutes)

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

We didn't have any games although I did have scrabble letters as place names and people had some fun making filthy sentences out of those.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hours of fun....

• Simon and Alison
    Beginner
    Simon and Alison ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I completely agree with Bea - you really don't need to provide anything to entertain your guests during the meal - if you get the right mix of people they'll just chat to each other. The wine monitor idea is great too, we've seen that at quite a few weddings.

I don't think the crossword / wordsearch idea is great, if you did want to provide something for people to "do" then some kind of team activity would be better than everyone having their heads buried in a puzzle and not chatting to each other ?

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is a fabulous idea, love it! I think all these little quirky ideas add up and just makes your day that bit more special. Plus just think how exciting it'll be to read all the comments, doodles little bits of random awesomeness when you return from honeymoon...you can piece together who was the most drunk first! But yes questions...could be, tell us a funny fact about the person sitting to your left?! Good luck, fun fun fun.

• sophamie
    Beginner May 2013
    sophamie ·
    • Hide content

Thanks NathalieSB. We're having a hogroast so there is going to be various people waiting to go up to get those while others are eating, and all our friends and family love doing silly little things like this so I didn't really want to listen to what people didn't want to do, but be given ideas of what to include.

XxX

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics