Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner

Fur shawl / bolero / capes HELP

ExpensiveRedConfetti328, 5 of March of 2016 at 20:06 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi all,

My wedding is at the end of December and living in the North of England its going to be cold. I would like to get myself and my only bridesmaid a fur shawl/wrap/bolero type thing just to take the chill off while we stand around for photos.

The problem is I can't decide what sort of shape or style would flatter our dresses, and also how similar or different they should be. All the images I have seen have multiple bridesmaids in one type and the bride in another.

So looking for opinions on what you think would look good and also any suggestions of suppliers.

My dress is a Ian Stuart - Pracatan in white

My bridesmaid is in EbonyRose - Magnolia in a royal blue.

(Hopefully Ive attached the model images of each)

So please please please help!

2 replies

Latest activity by SunnyPinkConfetti310, 6 of March of 2016 at 17:50
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

The dress is gorgeous! It was -37 for my wedding so I had a proper fur jacket. With your beautiful dress and not so low temperatures I think I would go for a fur stole that wraps around your shoulders. Easy to have some pics with it on and off plus with your bare shoulder strapless dress you could have it on but shrugged down. That way yure not covering too much dress.

I would scour pinterest and eBay to decide how much the same or different you want to be from your bridesmaid. You might decide to go totally different or same but sticking to white for you and navy for your bridesmaid etc. The options are endless. Especially with Chinese suppliers. Mixed reviews heard but stoles are so cheap its worth the try i Think. I did Google fur stoles UK supplier and found one particular shop who had a lot of options. Can't remember the name but I'm sure you would find it. EBay for brides selling the ones they had this winter might be a good bet also.

• IngridHughes
    Beginner July 2016
    IngridHughes ·
    • Hide content

Try Etsy too, they have loads of stoles, wraps and boleros of all materials and styles!

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

My girls had Ebony Rose Destin in Amethyst, and they had grey faux fur jackets from Monsoon, got them when they had 25% off so they were about £50 each.

I had a cream satin elbow-length cape with cream swansdown around the edges, which my friend's Mum made for me. However, I didn't have it on much as, although it was cold, I didn't feel it (and I really feel the cold normally) and I didn't like hiding my dress!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics