Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner June 2011

Furniture Hire - High Chairs for Children

Anne!, 13 November, 2010 at 21:38 Posted on Planning 0 7

At our venue we have to hire in all the tables/chairs etc, and so thinking about it we will need to get/hire high chairs for the children (aprox 5-8),

All the suppliers we have contacted (Marquee suppliers) don't seem to also do High Chair hire - anyone know where I should look for hiring them?? Making it more difficult we are getting married in Cumbria so there isn't a huge amount of suppliers to choose from!

xx

7 replies

Latest activity by lisaloulou, 14 November, 2010 at 19:25
  • Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

I'm worried about this too! But I vaguely remember a post recently where someone suggested asking the parents to bring their own and the mothers of the forum didnt seem to think that would be a big deal as long as they were warned in advance (obviously!).

Not sure what I'm going to do yet havent even looked into it!

• A
    Beginner June 2011
    Anne! ·
    • Hide content

Glad it's not just me!

I can ask my sister and mum to bring theirs (and possibly my sister-in-law), but then would still need another 5 or so for the other's. My guests would be coming from London/Cornwall/Devon so they would be driving a long way (Cumbria) plus when you factor in the need for them to bring prams/travel cot/ everything else needed for overnight stay, they may not also have room for high chairs too!

I think I will start looking on freecycle or keep looking for suppliers!!

xx

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Maybe ask a local Toddler or Playgroup as they don't use the at w/e.

• vicxy
    Beginner May 2011
    vicxy ·
    • Hide content

We will need people to bring highchairs as we have a lot of children and not enuf highchairs there. simple as. We will bring ours but will have to ask some parents as well. As long as there is enough notice I wudnt be annoyed. Most parents of children over around a yr will have a booster seat which is a lot easier and compact. we've got 2 so will bring both. if anyone has the ikea highchair, it goes down small too as the legs come out.

I think freecycle is a great idea too, specially for some proper highchairs for those with smaller babies, like 6 months that are too small for boosters, but i'd put feelers out too and see what people say. x

• A
    Beginner June 2011
    Anne! ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Sherrie and Vicxy,

I will ask people and see what response, and look into local playgroup's etc!

Anne x

• Sarah-Em
    Beginner September 2011
    Sarah-Em ·
    • Hide content

Our venue is an adults only hotel and so therefore don't have the requirements normally for highchairs, they allow you to have children there for weddings and so we were in a bit of a predicament as to what to do regarding highchairs for those bringing small children. We're also getting married on the Isle of Wight, and having scoured the internet for highchair hire places none appear to exist over there so we're going t oask people to bring their own. Most of our guests will probably be travelling over by car and so hopefully won't mind adding their highchairs to their luggage. My BM is one of those that'll be affected so I've asked her opinion and she said she won't mind in the slightest and others should also understand that we have tried to solve the situation and be willing to bring their own.

To give people the advance warning those with small people requiring highchairs, we're going to add a note into their invites to let them know.

• C
    creative wedding planner ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I normally hire on behalf of my clients high chairs from the catering companys and marquee hire conpanys.

Where are you based? and I will see if I can help ?

Elizabeth

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

I have had a very quick Google and found that you can hire highchairs for 3 days from £12. (https://www.thebabyloft.co.uk)

However, I had a thought and Ikea do a highchair called something like Antilop and it's under £15 to buy. It is also a very well recommended highchair by BTers (those on the Baby Talk forum). I'm sure you could easily sell them after and then wouldn't have to pay delivery charges and worry about getting them sent back straight after the wedding.

HTH

(PS: I've been out all day but will be replying to your email this evening!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics