Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

pandorasbox
Beginner August 2012

Gabillionth

pandorasbox, 8 February, 2013 at 16:51 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 9

Nothing to do with Flow or owt, but what words do you make up that has become a proper word amongst family/friends?

Me and my mum used to have 'cuggles' as a cross between a cuddel and a hug, and amongst my friends we have so many conversational shorthands I'm not sure where to begin.

9 replies

Latest activity by *Eclair*, 9 February, 2013 at 13:00
  • Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Hide content

Sqillions! It is more than millions but probably less than trillions lol OH & I use it i.e. I love you sqillions ?

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

wash your mouth out young one!!

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

We have loads of weird things amongst our friends like PB. One that springs to mind is "Metropolis" Once, at uni there were about 8 of us a room deathly hung over/ still drunk/still high/half way between, basically in a bad way. For some reason we were watching Superman or Batman whichever one of them lives in Metropolis. My friend Steve was passed out but every time we spoke he was pretending he was fine and totally with it and joining in the conversation, very amusing. We woke him up and asked what had been going on for the last hour, he looked like he was about to cry and blurted out "METROPOLIS!"

This is now our phrase for states of confusion, bad hang over etc.

Theres also "head to toe action" which is to do with that feeling you get when you eat the day after a massive drinking session and its a massive effort.. Ugh too hard to explain. I have had my best mate in a pub with a fry up at lunch time before now, wailing ugggh head to toeeeee. Notice these are all drink related.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Fragleheetas and Inchylalas (Fajitas and Enchiladas)

I also use Squillions.

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

Oh yeah we call fajitas fanjo's, as do most of our friends.

• Lindsay31513
    Beginner May 2013
    Lindsay31513 ·
    • Hide content

Delighcious (cross between delightful and delicious) since I was little. And when I get my words mixed up I always say I'm muxed ip. Xx

• spikeygoodness
    Beginner
    spikeygoodness ·
    • Hide content

I made scurrilous into a verb to scurrile. Ie, "I've just been scurriled", or "she's scurriling me" which is regularly used amongst my family. Last used indignantly by my mother on Christmas Day when it was suggested that previous form implied dinner would not be ready till nearly 4pm instead of the intended 1o clock.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A fajita is a vagina to me and my friends.

• *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content

PB I use the word cuggles too." Feeling sleepy and lazy is "flolopy" (I think I got that from The Good Life.)

After reading a lot of Roald Dahl lately I've started using the word "splendiferous."

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics