Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner May 2007

Gah, need motivation

LittlePeanut, 21 of August of 2009 at 15:17 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 12

I should be cleaning up in readiness for guests tomorrow.

In reality, I fancy taking my books to the local coffee shop and doing some study. Or even going to the local (v nice, friendly and safe) pub and reading my novel.

Gah, I should do the cleaning shouldn't I?

12 replies

Latest activity by WelshTotty, 21 of August of 2009 at 17:01
  • WelshTotty
    Beginner December 2014
    WelshTotty ·
    • Hide content

No.

Go and have a sit in the cafe and enjoy the moment! Cleaning can wait. (no use asking me to tell you to be virtuous!)

I've had a sit in a cafe this morning with the Guardian and a cafe mocha with extra cream, it was a lovely half an hour!

• L
    Beginner May 2007
    LittlePeanut ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to do 45 minutes clean up, then toddle off with my book, I reckon ?

• WelshTotty
    Beginner December 2014
    WelshTotty ·
    • Hide content

Good choice! Ah a bit of both, well happy cleaning and a reward of the pub!

• L
    Beginner May 2007
    LittlePeanut ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It does mean I need to remove my ever expanding rear end from this settee though. Which I haven't quite managed to do, yet ?

• WelshTotty
    Beginner December 2014
    WelshTotty ·
    • Hide content

Begone with you then, get yer arse off the sofa, get cleaning then off to the pub!

• L
    Beginner May 2007
    LittlePeanut ·
    • Hide content

Erm, okay... ?

• spacecadet_99
    Beginner
    spacecadet_99 ·
    • Hide content

<stern voice> I hope you've gone for a tidy LP - if you get it done now you'll still have time for a reward! Remember the flylady system - 15 minute timer set, and do one room for 15 minutes, then move on and do another for 15 minutes. It's amazing what you can do in 15 minutes.

• L
    Beginner May 2007
    LittlePeanut ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

Well, I've taken everything off the bathroom shelves, hoovered the shelves and bits of the floor, de limescaled the taps, scrubbed the bath. Left everything on the bathroom floor, got bored. Went to the living room. Took everything off the coffee table and polished it. Dusted the rest. Got bored, left everything on the floor, and have started hitching again.

I am not a domestic goddess, am I? ?

• WelshTotty
    Beginner December 2014
    WelshTotty ·
    • Hide content

LP you are funny....... so the shelves and table looks fabulously clean but you cant walk on the floor for fear of stomping on something?!?

Im a fine one talking, I should be in the lobby sorting out the pint pots and chucking stuff out, Ive not even looked at it

• L
    Beginner May 2007
    LittlePeanut ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Erm, that's about it, yes ?

And of course I CAN'T vacuum in the living room a) well, there's too much stuff on the floor and b) I'd wake the cat.

But I have decided until M comes home before I go to the pub (that's nice of me, isn't it ?)

• WelshTotty
    Beginner December 2014
    WelshTotty ·
    • Hide content

That should have read paint pots not pint pots, makes us sounds like a right pair of alkies!. Mr WT has no problem in waking the cats when vacuuming, in fact he cases them aound the house with the vacuum, they soon bugger off up the attic!

Mr LP will of course think you are a fabulous wife in making a start on the cleaning AND wanting to take him to the pub, serious brownie points there lol

• L
    Beginner May 2007
    LittlePeanut ·
    • Hide content

... and I'm going to suggest fish and chips too ?... to be fair I have cooked proper meals all week.

I did wonder about the pint pots... ?

• WelshTotty
    Beginner December 2014
    WelshTotty ·
    • Hide content

Blimey, cleaning, eating out and the pub, you are spoiling him ambassador! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics