Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hugo Brambles
Beginner August 2002

Gahhhh....what can I do I for my hen night?!

Hugo Brambles, 15 November, 2009 at 08:23 Posted on Planning 0 9

I'm going to have a meal for all my friends and family so that's that sorted but I want to do something for the day/overnight/weekend for just me and my 4 best friends. I'm struggling to think of ideas as I'm pregnant and that's restricting me. So far we've thought of things like activitiy days ie go-karting (out), spa day (out - I know they can do treatments for pregnant woman but my friends have said its so restrictive it's not worth bothering with and I'm not overly fussed about spa's anyway), any type of drinking (obviously out!), hiring a cottage with a hot-tub (can't use hot-tubs), show in London (out as I'm not a particular fan of citys), horseracing (out - done it before).....and so it went on.

Surely it shouldn't be this hard lol!! Any suggestions anyone? Pretty please! ?

9 replies

Latest activity by belindacoles, 17 November, 2009 at 17:26
  • GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

I had 3 ideas when I started reading - but i'm afraid the pregnancy kinda rules them out too along with the city thing ☹️ (Cocktail Lesson, Theme Park, Tea at the Ritz)

My best mate and bridesmaid will be pregnant on my hen do and she's organising it! Wonder what i'll be doing! ?

Hopefully someone will be able to help!

• emmamc01
    Beginner August 2010
    emmamc01 ·
    • Hide content

Shopping day - i love those,

Theatre or West end show,

A day out at stratford upon avon (ride the boats, go see the historical houses, have a nice lunch)

A dance lesson (quiet ballroom one can still be a giggle with the girls)

A murder mystery weekend

...mmm i will have a think

• Hugo Brambles
    Beginner August 2002
    Hugo Brambles ·
    • Hide content

Thanks girls! I know, I'm being a nightmare GeordieBarbie ?

Shopping I'm not a great fan of, plus I'll be 5 months pregnant and even more unlikely to want to do it.

Theatre I think will be all pantomimes that time of year which are a no-no and I don't really want to do a city.

Funnily enough the last weekend away we all went to the Cotswolds and Stratford so wouldn't want to do that again.

Dance lesson, I don't like dancing I'm afraid.

Murder mystery now that sounds interesting!! Some sort of ghost hunting would be a laugh too. Umm.....may have to google that.

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Depending where you are and when you want to do it, you may find a local theatre not doing panto... As an alternative - what about the cinema? Go and see a good old chick flick. Or are you near somewhere that has exhibitions or something on?

Decent hotels should be able to do you some sort of afternoon tea. Or else a nice cosy place with roaring fire for hot chocolates!

What about a cooking lesson? Or find someone who can do makeup lessons? Lots of girlie things ? (You're now gonna tell me you're not a girlie girl aren't ya! ?)

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

Chocolate making / tasting evening

Cooking lesson

Butlers in the buff for a few drinks

Weekend away someone - u don't like cities so maybe somewhere smaller like Cambridge and you could go punting, out for lunch / dinner, picnic by the river etc

Or weekend away abroad somewhere?

S x

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

My friends hen do is going to be a perfume making day (fab) followed by a meal in a greek restaurant (not so fab as I'm such a fussy eater).

Would you be interested in the perfume making? Would be a nice thing to keep...

• Hugo Brambles
    Beginner August 2002
    Hugo Brambles ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all, I'm just so picky!!! Not fussed about perfume making, nothing could top Ghost for me! The things I've sort of brainstormed are the following

Dirty Dancing - but one girl has already seen it
    Chocolate Making
    Ghost Tour - ie hardcore ghost hunt overnight in a haunted location, not sure one of the girls would go for that!
    Murder Mystery - think it could be either really really good, or really really crap and that worries me!!
    4x4 Driving
    Comedy Club
    Male Strip Show
    Stunt Car Driving
    Pamper Sesh

Like the idea of somewhere that's not a city, don't think I've been to Cambridge. Harrogate has always appealed too. Yorks nice but done it loads.

• H
    Beginner
    Helen *Instant Forever* ·
    • Hide content

We just spent Saturday afternoon doing a cupcake decorating course near Milton Keynes which was really good fun. You get to be a bit creative AND eat the results. The ladies who ran it were www.mumswhobake.co.uk and it was reasonably priced too. We made a weekend out of it by staying in a cheap hotel nearby and having dinner out.

The pics of our cupcakes are here (mine are the two on the right hand side, middle row): http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=125702&id=52481163157

Maybe not your cup of tea, but it was actually a good laugh.

• Maxibon
    Beginner March 2009
    Maxibon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm still doing the cocktail lesson thingy - although I'm gonna be having alcohol free ones as im pg too.

Dont rule everything out or you wont have any fun!!!

What about a nice takeaway and all you girls have a sleepover?

• belindacoles
    Beginner May 2011
    belindacoles ·
    • Hide content

We had my sisters hen night in April this year and she was 7 months pregnant.

There were 15 of us. We all went to Reading and stayed in an Ibis hotel for the night (£18 each), went for a lovely chinese buffet that was about £20 each and then went to a Reflex 80s bar, we dressed as fairies lol. The day after once we checked out we all went for a cheap 2-4-1 lunch in a Yates.

Everyone commented on how cheap it worked out and how much fun it was and everyone that was invited came along, young and old.

The stags also did similar and went to Southampton for the weekend, had a cheap hotel, an indian and went to A Reflex.

Reflex bars are great as drinks are cheap, they are good fun, good music for all ages and dressing up is the norm. They also normally provide a free bottle of bubbly, free entry and some fun goodies for parties Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics