Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner

Game of thrones

RomanticPinkFlowers146, 8 of May of 2014 at 10:18 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hello all. Me and my partner are getting married next year and we are having a Game of Thrones themed wedding. Has anyone else done something similar? I am currently trying to plan it all out and save up so I can get the ball rolling!

13 replies

Latest activity by mustard_mitt, 9 of May of 2014 at 13:48
  • Fran @ Hitched
    Beginner April 2012
    Fran @ Hitched ·
    • Hide content

Welcome to hitched! ?

One of our suppliers, Arties Table Plans, uploaded a Game of Thrones table plan earlier this week that I thought you might like to see!

https://www.hitched.co.uk/wedding-picture/game-of-thrones-table-plan_3560079.htm#gallery=stationery

A link to their listing is to the right of the image.

Best of luck with your planning.

Fran

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Rape! Murder! Bloody combat! Nudity! Always good things at a wedding Smiley smile

Nah, I'm teasing. I know it's very popular. I think rocknrollbride might have had a GoT wedding at some point, worth searching her site.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I made this GoT inspired topper for a bride recently Smiley smile

There are lots of ways you can incorporate it - table plan, maybe favours too?

• W
    Beginner August 2014
    weddingvirgin ·
    • Hide content

Haven't done anything similar but just wanted to say this sounds like an amazing idea. If only my OH was as geeky as I was, we would def be having some kind of game of thrones/lord of the rings/harry potter themed wedding!

• R
    Beginner
    RomanticPinkFlowers146 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone will have a look.

So far I know what cake and what kind of ''sit down'' meal I'd like. Might be a tad expensive but I reckon it will be worth it. We have gold bangles (as well as rings) that have "moon of my life" and "my sun and my stars" engraved on them :-)

Got the decision on the invitations, and seating arrangements/names. A friend of mine is doing a discount on stickers I can put on the wine glasses and water glasses for all the house sigils as well :-) And you can get a hand of the king broach which the best man will wear.

Choosing the venue is so tricky, everywhere I like is mega expensive, now I'm wondering if it's worth saving up and waiting that bit more to get the day I really want.

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

I saw this very awesome Game of Thrones wedding cake on Twitter the other day: https://www.trendhunter.com/406.shtml

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

I think there is actually someone no here having a GoT themed wedding, but I can't remember who it is. It might be a HIB, hopefully they'll come along...

Here's some links to stuff I found after a quick google

https://greenweddingshoes.com/game-of-thrones-wedding-inspiration/

https://www.aliceinweddingland.co.uk/game-of-thrones-styled-wedding-inspiration/

• goldpants
    Beginner May 2014
    goldpants ·
    • Hide content

Great idea! OH would have loved it!

I have Daenerys inspired hair!

We are also having our tog create a photo similiar to these but with a fire breathing dragon Smiley winking

• M
    Beginner June 2014
    metal_gear_panda ·
    • Hide content

As long as it doesnt end like the Red Wedding! I jest!! ?

I had a fleeting thought of having a reading of the wedding vows at my wedding, but it was a fleeting thought as I have a few friends who love GOT but would probably just laugh, and since I'm having the Portal (computer game) song for my walking out I thought one geek out was enough!

AAlthough....play Rains of Castemere and watch everyone panic! Smiley laugh

• H
    Beginner November 2014
    Hisgirl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This!!!

I'm trying to convince H2B we NEED to do this. But most of our friends don't watch it so wont recognise it anyway. But I am walking down the aisle to an orchestral version of the opening music. We toying with the idea of having our ring engraved with My sun and Stars and Moon of my Life.

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

OMG yes yes yes! I've seen this incredible GOT cake that's circulating pinterest!

(Errr don't suppose you need a photographer?! *waves arms manically*)

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

Also...http://www.pinterest.com/pandieloki/game-of-thrones-themed-wedding/

• mustard_mitt
    Beginner September 2015
    mustard_mitt ·
    • Hide content

Great idea. Just don't invite Joffrey! ?

There's a few GoT inspired weddings on the Offbeat Bride site, some of them look amazingly intricate and will give you a good idea of what you could do! Good luck, would love to see pics!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics