Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner September 2016

Gap between ceremony and reception sit down?

Excited2016bride, 1 of September of 2014 at 14:03 Posted on Planning 0 7

How long a gap do you have between ceremony end and sitting down for reception? We are hoping to have some additonal location photographs done and worried that a 2 hour gap is too much? What do you think?

7 replies

Latest activity by DaffodilWaves, 1 of September of 2014 at 16:14
  • W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

2 hours is what we're allowing. By the time you have spoken to people, had pics done & hopefully had 10 minutes to yourself, the 2 hours will be up! Personally, for pics at another location, you might have to schedule a longer break - but I would make sure you have something to entertain your guests whilst you're elsewhere.

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure the time will fly by - people will be well prepared to mingle for a bit. Our gap is also 2 hours, and this has to include turning the room from the ceremony space to the wedding breakfast venue, so there is no way we can shorten ours really without stressing that tables are in the wrong place!

• E
    Beginner September 2016
    Excited2016bride ·
    • Hide content

The additional location is only 5 mins drive away. We had hoped to be sitting down at 5 but I spoke to the TOG and he said 5.30 would be more realistic if we wanted to go off for addional photos. I was just worried that 2 hrs was too long a gap, but maybe if we offered canapés during the gap it will keep hunger at bay at least hahahaha. Will just have to make sure I'm on time so the ceremony doesn't start late ☺️

• E
    Beginner September 2016
    Excited2016bride ·
    • Hide content

Kimiu - our ceremony and reception is also in the same place so u guess there would be a gap anyway for room turn around as you mentioned

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

Initially when I saw our venue's suggested timings, I thought that 2 hours was far too long....but with guests happily mingling in the bar, and photos being taken, it makes sense. Plus, the more I see of what goes into making the space into our reception space, the more I want to make sure the staff there are not rushed!

I work on the basis that they know best, as they do it week in week out - so if they say 2 hours, then so be it! We're not going anywhere else other than the hotel grounds, if the weather is on side, and in front of the various fireplaces and staircases in case the weather is pants, so don't need extra time for pictures..

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

We initially had ceremony ending around 2, then drinks reception and photos, and the wedding breakfast at half 3, but my tog asked us to push the breakfast back to 4, so 2hrs is definitely not too much! Don't forget you'll have to be back before the official time of dinner if you're receiving people in

• E
    Beginner September 2016
    Excited2016bride ·
    • Hide content

Thanks. We won't be having a receiving line so that's not an issue. The reason we want additonal photos at another location is that even though our venue has a nice area for photos, we had wanted a venue with lots of lovely flower gardens, tree, ponds etc for photos. That was until we were told how much places like these cost, so we compromised. Also I have booked a rolls Royce for my transport, but my house is less than a mile from the venue so the chaffeur has offered to provide us with champagne and a drive out to the location so my new husband and I can have some precious alone time, which everyone has told me will be rare during the day. My TOG has been very accommodating with everything, feel very lucky to have him, especially at the price we are paying ?

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

2 hours is a lovely gap and won't feel too long at all. The last thing you want is to feel rushed. The day goes quick enough.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics