Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S

Gap Between Cooker & Worktop

SunnyPinkConfetti569, 19 of April of 2016 at 17:03 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 7

Hey all,

Just like the penny that ALWAYS rolls under the furniture I seem to have a problem with food making a dash for the side of my cooker where there is a small gap. Do any of you have this problem? or possibly have any solutions to it?

Things to keep in mind:I don't want to replace the cooker or the worktops.

I don't want to buy a new house (I posted this on another forum and that is what they suggested) I'm not that great at DIY so hopefully something that isn't too complex lol

Many thanks,

7 replies

Latest activity by SunnyPinkConfetti569, 7 of May of 2016 at 04:36
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Hmm would it work to place some sort of chopping board type on the worktop but pushed to the edge of cooker when cooking. Even one of those flat metal baking trays if you're worried anything else might scorch. Just remember it might get hot! Or depending on the type of hob foil across or even a U shaped piece of foi fed to nto the gap on the floor so it simply pulls out with the gathered spilt food on then replace with a clean piece. They are the only ideas I have come up with so far.

Moving house does seem a bit extreme I agree lol.

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

I had this problem when I moved home. We ended up moving the worktop and units closer to the cooker (detaching from the wall and reattaching closer to the cooker) - there was about a 4inch gap before doing this! We also made a shelf unit from MDF to go on the end of the units so you couldn't tell that they had been moved along.

• S
    SunnyPinkConfetti569 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the suggestions! I currently use a chopping board (great minds think alike lol) to stop any food going down the sides. Looking for a more lasting solution now. I thought about DIY wood and making something to put in there, but I am awful when it comes to DIY. I did however stumble across some silicone gap covers:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Smiths-Silicone-Counter-Worktop-Cooker/dp/B01DWHY594/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461167014&sr=8-1&keywords=gap+cover

Think I am just going to order these. Thanks!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Wow that's clever didn't know they existed!

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

Hmmmmmm - I'm too suspicious. This just looks like an advert to me!

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're not the only one with a suspicious mind... my thoughts exactly! Apologies to the OP if they genuinely joined a wedding planning forum to ask about the gap between their cooker and worktop....?

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

I am so naïve!

• S
    SunnyPinkConfetti569 ·
    • Hide content

Smiley laugh

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups