Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2020

Garden Blessing instead of actual wedding (Covid cancellation!)

MrsWilsonPending, 30 of April of 2020 at 23:35 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi all,

Myself and my lovely fiancé were due to be married on May 30th however have had to postpone and now have a new date in late November.

We are trying to weigh up the possibility of having a small celebration in the garden with our household family (assuming we will still be in lockdown) and I’m wondering if anyone is doing anything similar or could point me in the right direction re possible blessing vows or something similar? We have teenagers who would be involved and I’d like to make it as wedding like as possible but can’t ask publicly locally as we would like this to be a surprise to our friends and family.

any advice or ideas would be lovely - thank you all ☺️

1 replies

Latest activity by ExpensivePinkFlowers63608, 1 of May of 2020 at 16:35
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Why not write your own? As it won't be a legal ceremony, you don't have to worry about what words you can or can't use, so can say whatever you feel is appropriate.

If your wedding was going to be officiated by a minister of religion or a celebrant, it might be worth contacting them to ask if they have any ideas. One of my friends had a marriage blessing following her legal marriage - I don't know if it was standardised words or written by the minister for the occasion, but perhaps something like that, with a change of tense, could be used?

• ExpensivePinkFlowers63608
    Savvy April 2021 Somerset
    ExpensivePinkFlowers63608 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

My wedding would've been 19th April. Now postponed until September, or April next year depending! We still celebrated on the 19th. We dressed up, cooked the food we would've had on the wedding anyway (fish and chips), took lots of photos recreating everything - cake (I baked a wedding cake), bouquet toss, signing of the certificate, kiss, confetti etc. We got an 'intention to marry' certificate made up from someone on Facebook, but you could make and print your own. We video called my mum and brother and all ate together (in our own homes). The weather was glorious. Yes, nowhere near the same but it was better than moping and we got some lovely photos out of it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics