Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner August 2011

Gardenia Flowers

Noodle2Be, 29 May, 2011 at 21:41 Posted on Planning 0 1

I'm a bit thick about flowers, are gardenia flowers available in august and are they expensive? I've seen this picture which I really like for my bridesmaids

1 replies

Latest activity by Sherrie H, 30 May, 2011 at 09:02
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

They are generally available in late Spring to early Summer so August might prove difficult. They are classed as 'luxurious' flowers because of their fragrance and would be expensive. Difficult to put a price on a fresh bouquet using them as they are very much affected by the weather and the growing season. That particular style of bouquet shown in your photo would be very expensive due to the number of gardenia used as it's a compact hand-tied posy.

Personally, I think it would be a bouquet more suitable for a Bride as it's a 'creme de la creme' of bouquets, particularly with the jewellery embellishments, so I feel it would be a bit of a shame to use it for bridesmaids! This would be difficult to improve on for your bouquet if you see what I mean!

They are available in artificial flowers and they are very realistic too. This would work out much cheaper than fresh flowers and they are available all year round. The only downfall with artificial is you wouldn't have the fragrance unfortunately. Fragrances can be added to artificial flowers but some of the more unusual fragrances don't actually smell as good as the real thing and the two that spring to mind are Lily of the Valley and Gardenia. However, if it's the actual flowers that you like as opposed to the fragrance, then artificial may be an alternative for you. As a rough guide for you, in artificial flowers you would be looking at around £70 for one that size (it is quite a large one) without the jewel embellisments and I would guess around £85 with as the brooches can be very expensive too for good quality ones.

It's certainly a gorgeous bouquet though!

Edited to say that you could achieve a similar look by mixing hydrangea with roses which would work out less expensive. Hope that helps - Brenda

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

You could bring the costs down by using only a few Gardenias mixed with Lisianthus so that you still have the perfume but less costly than using a full bouquet of them. Also there is a perfume called Gardenias that you could wear & add to an artificial bouquet.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics