Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner

Gaynes Park

hshc86, 14 June, 2010 at 11:54 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi Ladies,

After much searching and several viewings, it looks like we might have decided on our venue - Gaynes Park in Epping!

I loooove the venue, only problem is that so do loads of other people, they don't have any Friday or Saturdays free in September next year Smiley sad They do have several weekdays free though.

We're going back for a second viewing this weekend hopefully (after a viewing of a different venue, just to help confuse things!) with hubby to be's parents.

What are your thoughts on weekday weddings? I'm starting to come around to it but just worried that some people might not come as it'd mean time off work...

Also, as they're so popular I'm thinking it'll be very hard to negotiate their prices down at all...anyone have any advice on negotiating with popular venues?! I had worked out a budget for how much we could afford to save and therefore spend, but the prices for Gaynes would add a good £3k on top Smiley atonished We could afford it without any help still, but it'd be very tight!

Is anyone out there a Gaynes Park bride?

1 replies

Latest activity by Mrs C, 14 June, 2010 at 19:45
  • Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

My friend got married there last year and it was beautiful.

It is expensive and very popular but the service was excellent. It was on my shortlist but they don't have any accomodation on site and you have to finish quite early (cleared out by 12pm - early for me!)

Having said that, just because it didn't tick all of my boxes doesn't mean it can't tick all of yours! We went for the Ridings Barn at Theobalds Park in the end. Accommodation all around the courtyard so all our family can stay and not worry about the kids.

If you love it then go for it!!! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics