Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jay-Low
Beginner

Gaynes Park, Venue in Essex??

Jay-Low, 18 April, 2010 at 16:17 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi Everyone,

So we are still at the stage of finding a venue and its proving to be a thankless task!! Every venue we have seen is either too expensive or they don't have the dates want or we just don't like it etc etc

Anyway so I went back to the drawing board by trawling magazines and the internet today and came across Gaynes Park in Epping Essex - somewhere I hadn't seen before. I searched for old threads and there don't seem to be any about it - has anyone been here/got married here/getting married here?

I really like the look of it, OH not so sure (he's the fussy one!!) and I know its a personal preference but any opinions on the place gratefully received!! Of course we can go and have a look but difficult to get the time off together so are only viewing definite maybes!!

9 replies

Latest activity by artisanwedding.co.uk, 20 April, 2010 at 11:32
  • Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding there last year and it was on my shortlist if we couldn't have our church.

The venue itself is lovely, the only downside that I thought it had is that it doesn't have any accomodation and the closing times are quite early.

I booked Theobalds Park in the end (about 10 miles away in Cheshunt).

• Jay-Low
    Beginner
    Jay-Low ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your reply MrsC.

I think we will end up going to have a look, good point on the accommodation I'm going to have a look at local hotels in that case. Do you remember how early the closing times were?

And thanks for the tip on Theobalds Park - Will have a look!

• bethanw
    Beginner May 2010
    bethanw ·
    • Hide content

I live 2 mins from Theobalds! I loved the look of Gaynes Park but I wanted somewhere with accommodation. I went for Fanhams Hall in Ware in the end.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I think the disco stopped at 11.30 and we had to be out by 12! It is fairly remote, you'd need taxis to any hotels. Sorry I sound like I'm being really negative! It really is a beautiful venue.

Theobalds has two options - the mansion house and the ridings barn, both very different. I'm in the ridings barn.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Our friends got married there last year... stunning...

We are getting married in the abbey church... can't wait, love it!!!

• Kim31
    Kim31 ·
    • Hide content

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee gaynes park.....

They have a facebook page if you do a search. I highly recommend Gaynes.

Kim x

• Jay-Low
    Beginner
    Jay-Low ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone - youhave persuaded me to go and have a look!

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

My friend got married there 2 yrs ago, and it was fantastic. A really lovely venue, and the food was yummy! I hadn't noticed about early finishing but to me 1130 isn't that early (that's when we have to finish). In terms of getting to it we got the tube to Epping and then a taxi - it didn't take long, and it wasn't expensive - I think it's pretty good location wise, but then I do live in London. The one thing I would say is I've heard the hire charge is very high, but that may not be a problem for you!

This hotel was always ok (have stayed in it but not for a few years) and is pretty close. http://www.countyhotelwoodford.co.uk/

• artisanwedding.co.uk
    artisanwedding.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Great venue, very professional. I can't think of anything bad to say about it!

You could also try Little Easton Manor.

Pete x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics