Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Elixia
Beginner March 2014

Geeky Groom's Gift

Elixia, 10 of January of 2014 at 23:58 Posted on Planning 0 18

I just bought his gift! its ... geeky but could be a fun prop for photos.

18 replies

Latest activity by Loopz, 11 of January of 2014 at 14:01
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I think we need a special award for you next year on the hitched awards for the geekiest wedding ever.

Geektastic ? ?

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

No beating around the bush, I'm geeky to the core. we both are.

• squish815
    Beginner June 2014
    squish815 ·
    • Hide content

I am thinking of getting personalised dice (with the date of our wedding where the '1' dot should be) for my Groom. He plays a lot of dice based games so they would be useful as well!

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

❤️ love it, the best weddings are always those that reflect the couple!

Can't wait for the report. ?

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

Ooooh yes, you can get metal ones too. sounds like a cool idea!

• squish815
    Beginner June 2014
    squish815 ·
    • Hide content

Ohh I didn't know you could get metal ones as well.

Where is the sword from? He doesn't not play Minecraft but they may make items for games he does play.

• jfilsell
    Beginner March 2014
    jfilsell ·
    • Hide content

That is awesome! I originally though it was Link's sword which my OH would LOVE.

We are geeks too Smiley smile I have just decided to give him the completely free wedding gift of agreeing to watch a different doctor who story from each doctor for 12 months (there will have been 12 doctors by the end so it fits very well). It might sound lame but he will love it (I'm a big geek, but not a Whovian so this is a big undertaking for me...)

Go geeks!

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Haha! i bought my brother a minecraft sword for christmas and my son bought him a nerf gun. they were having a battle a few days post xmas, mini winter with the nerf gun and brother winter with the sword. he took a picture of them fighting and put it up on his instagram with the caption 'i brought a sword to a gun battle; i think i'm going to lose' and someone commented back 'yeah but with that sword you can take him'. brother winter wasn't sure who this person was so looked into it- the commenter only bloody works for minecraft!!!! ^_^ loved it!

i still like the nerf gun though- it's battery powered to make it automatic! haha. but i do want a minecraft torch sooooooo much! lol

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

I've been working my but off doing art commissions to get him a sword, any sword for this wedding. Links, the minecraft one and Fin's from adventure times were all favorites of his. I actual saw a replica of Links sword ... £150!!

and i saw the torch, looks cool! and the red stone block!

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Ah the adventure time sword is awesome too. it was a toss up between the minecraft sword and adventure time one for christmas but i knew he wanted minecraft sword just a tiny bit more. haha

not a sword but i got a regular show rigby figure from my son for xmas Smiley winking god i'm such a geek/child lol

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

Hurry up and get married Elixia, I can't wait for the photos!

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content

Amazing!

I am still trying to convince OH to let me cut the cake with Cloud's Buster sword Smiley laugh

• Bookish
    Beginner August 2014
    Bookish ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What she said!

• mustard_mitt
    Beginner September 2015
    mustard_mitt ·
    • Hide content

Geektastic!

I'm glad there's a little geek community on here! I love the sword, but I also thought it was Link's. I don't play Minecraft though, I'm old school! ? (At my 30th birthday party I had a Super Mario cake, complete with mushrooms and stars.)

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

8 weeks today .... bloody scary

• SunnyOrangeFlowers21
    Beginner August 2014
    SunnyOrangeFlowers21 ·
    • Hide content

Lol, one of the reasons our venue was chosen is because they offer a 'ceremonial sword' to cut the cake with! They also have a suit of armour which I'm sure will be in lots of photos!

My pet geek has Dr Who cufflinks.

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

Swords, armour and dr who cufflinks, pretty cool! i would love to see those photos!

also Mustard, you should play minecraft. its a sandbox world, pixellated and works like lego. Cat in a Teacup, i was gonna get the buster sword but we decided against it in the end Smiley sad shame thou

also i need to watch the regular show ...

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Oh yes you really should regular show is amazingly funny! great voices too; mark hamill, cameo from george takei! just such a funny, great show!

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

This is immense. I absolutely love it, and no doubt your hubby will too. Clever lady! Smiley laugh

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics