Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

May2be
Beginner July 2011

Getting a little worried that I am running behind! **UPDATE!**

May2be, 31 August, 2010 at 22:37 Posted on Planning 0 16

Hey all I just wondered where everyone was upto with their wedding preparations? We have booked our venue and a package they do which means our caterers and entertainment is taken care of and we have also booked our registrar and given notice. However we haven't booked a photographer, found a florist or baker and I have practically given up with finding 'the dress'. I felt that I was really prepared 2 months ago but time seems to be flying away and it feels that none of the big things have been taken care of Smiley sad

16 replies

Latest activity by Spring, 3 September, 2010 at 23:42
  • Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I have 6 months and a bit and keep losing my wedding mojo!!!

I have made a list and will just try and tackle one thing at a time... next on the list is photographer, then DJ... the rest should follow!

• C
    candyzhang ·
    • Hide content

If you plan well, it is not late for you. Whatever you do, planning is very important. Come baby!

• Mrs G to be
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs G to be ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, don't panic.. We are May Also and we have only got the venue, photographer booked too. You will find your dress you've just got to keep looking. I ordered mine only last week after trying on what felt like hundreds. People keep saying oooooh not long you'd bytes get a move on but that just panics you! It'll all start falling into place shortly (that's what I keep telling myself anywAy) 

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

Ha, I hadn't even started planning by the time you have left. Just make a list of all the things you have to do and then prioritise them. First importance are the "one a day" things like togs, so I'd suggest you start with that. It's key to not try to do everything at once.

Re the dress, you still have plenty of time left (they reckon 6-9 months I think), but what's the problem? Are you stuck with what style you want, or do you have an idea?

• May2be
    Beginner July 2011
    May2be ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone and thanks for your comments! brideseekingblush I am really struggling to work out what style of dress will suit me. My biggest problem is that I am currently attempting to lose 3 stone and I can't work out what will look nice on a slimmer me lol

• babybirdandmouse
    Dedicated August 2020
    babybirdandmouse ·
    • Hide content

One of my friends didn't order her wedding dress until 6 weeks before her wedding. She literally walked into a bridal store and picked something off the rack!

I imagine it can be quite difficult if you are trying to get to a goal weight in time for the wedding in terms of when to get the dress. I'm sure it will all start coming together eventually Smiley smile

• W
    Beginner March 2011
    wedhead ·
    • Hide content

I have a little over 6 months to go and have only just started planning, I know some people take years to plan but really, there doesn't seem to be that much to do to me!? Maybe I'm just in denial....!!

• bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

You have got plenty of time! Just focus on the bits that you want to do, and the important ones. Bear in mind the VAT rise thats coming in and get the big purchases boxed off, but you can leave your dress for a little while until you know what you want.

Biggest hint for dress shopping would be to go in open minded, most of us walked out with something that we hadn't imagined, but looked amazing when we put it on! If your dress shop is good, they will be able to help you pick out something that suits you, and point you in the right direction1

HTH x x

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

listen you're doing grand!! We have bout 10 months from engagement to the big day and im doing grand!! so dont be fretting!! and you will find the dress!! Chill pet!

• May2be
    Beginner July 2011
    May2be ·
    • Hide content

Right I have a little update for you ladies! After my mini melt down the other day I think I have made some real headway. Found some flowers I loved in a mag months ago and found out that the place that designed them is only a 20 minute drive from me! I now think I have found someone to do my cake and they have already done me some samples of the colours she can do (pics below so let me know what you think). Plus I have spoken to a photographer and we are meeting with him tomorrow - he was actually someone recommended to me on here - Chris Gilbert. So I will let you know how that goes tomorrow evening. Going on a web hunt for wedding insurance now!

These are the first trials to see the colours that we are looking at

And this is the overall design we are looking at

• babybirdandmouse
    Dedicated August 2020
    babybirdandmouse ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

You're wedding cake is very similar to ours. We are having a 7 tier cupcake wedding cake with no cutting cake for on top. Our colour scheme is lavendar and ivory.

You've come so far in just a few days!! Excellent stuff Smiley smile

• Spring
    Beginner February 2008
    Spring ·
    • Hide content

Yay, well done.

This is another place you can look at those types of cakes http://www.restorationcake.co.uk/

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

Lol thought I was going mad then, you edited Spring! I was like huh :/

I think the cakes are fine, I can't do the frosting part, I tried the other day to do a perfect swirl and failed Smiley sad

• Spring
    Beginner February 2008
    Spring ·
    • Hide content

I did yes. Some people might not like honesty ?

• May2be
    Beginner July 2011
    May2be ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your comments

I was also very confused BrideBrat lol I couldn't work out what was going on! These cakes are only very rough as they were made late last night so we could see the colour of the icing (of course it didn't help that we managed to drop the box when we got them home!) We have had cakes from this person before and so know the quality they usually are. We are just so happy to have found someone that can do everything that we want plus deliver and set them up on the day and still come in under our small and very tight budget yay! ?

• Spring
    Beginner February 2008
    Spring ·
    • Hide content

That is great news. It will be here before you know it too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics