Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Roobarb
Beginner January 2007

Getting a message to a cruise ship at sea - can you/how?

Roobarb, 29 August, 2009 at 23:07 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 5

My parents are crossing New York - Southampton on the Queen Mary 2 shortly and it will be their Ruby Wedding when they are away. I was hoping to send them a message/telegram or something on the big day, have had a look online and on Cunard's website but don't see anything re how you can do this, does anyone know if it can be done and if so how to go about it? ?

5 replies

Latest activity by Roobarb, 31 August, 2009 at 21:14
  • clair_de_lune
    Beginner
    clair_de_lune ·
    • Hide content

Can you call their customer services?

• M
    Mexicana ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I know once on board, your parents can set up an one-off contact e-mail address for use on board through the ship's computer room - my friend cruises quite often and does this to keep in touch with her elderly Mum.

Not as personal as a telegram etc but HTH

• Smiley
    Beginner
    Smiley ·
    • Hide content

I would phone up customer service before it leaves, and get it all sorted before the cruise leaves. You can get emails to them while at sea, although we found it a bit hit and miss with signal and that was only the Med (I got onto hitched twice on honeymoon ?)

Also, if they know it is an anniversary of some type they will get free things delivered to their cabin.

Well, we were meant to with P&O, champagne and flowers for honeymoon couples. As it turned out MrS had to go and job their memory 5 times. We then got the honeymoon package and the anniversary package and drinks with the captain (and Paul Daniels and Debbie Magee ?)

What a lovely idea though. My mum and dad got champagne for us for our wedding anniversary when we were on holiday in June, and we felt so important ?

Oh, and I am sure if you asked them to say it was a telegram I am sure they would!

HTH

• Pu$$y Cat
    Curious May 2008
    Pu$$y Cat ·
    • Hide content

My Mum cruises a lot. If its a special occasion, I try and arrange for flowers to be delivered to their cabin befire they go. It used to be easier to go to the local florist and they would deliver it to the dock but the rules have changed now and I just go via Customer Services. I just use their name and cruise number, don't need a booking ref or anything. I have also given them onboard credit to buy either champagne or a treatment in the salon. Its easy enough to contact a ship in an emergency, but not sure of the telegram option. Definitely give customer services a call first.

• millie&me
    Beginner October 2016
    millie&me ·
    • Hide content

Def call customer services - my parents have just been on a cruise for their Ruby anniversary and we called up and tried to arrange flowers and champagne but I'd left it too late! It had to be booked at least 7 days before the date of departure - this was Fred Olsen cruises so Cunard may well have different rules.

• Roobarb
    Beginner January 2007
    Roobarb ·
    • Hide content

? all

Will speak to my sister and give them a call and see what can be done.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics