Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Beginner October 2023 Greater Manchester

Getting aged aunts and uncles upto church

Jessica, 1 of August of 2022 at 18:21 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 4
HELP
I have a dilemma with getting infirm relatives upto the church door, changing church is not an option and we are thinking of hiring a golf buggy for a couple of hours to ferry them up and down for service. Do any of you lovely people have any ideas, I'm in Manchester and have tried local golf clubs and they don't hire them for off green use TIA
JESSICA

4 replies

Latest activity by Kirsty, 4 of August of 2022 at 10:55
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Can you get a car to the door? If so, I would arrange for cars to drop them off. Otherwise, are wheelchairs an option?

It might be worth asking the vicar/minister, as I'm sure this won't be the first time they've had to provide access for people with mobility issues, especially if they have regular services.

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Car access isn't an option, church has an old stone arch where cars will drop off and the path is York stone 2 flags wide or so and on an incline too, thank you for the suggestion to ask the vicar I hadn't even thought of that 😀
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you we looked at maybe a golf buggy just in case anyone wasn't familiar with the controls on a mobility scooter last thing we wanted was someone bouncing over the graveyard out of control lol, I have checked the website and its very helpful thank you so much for the link
  • K
    Dedicated June 2023 Essex
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content

I would ask the Church about their accessibility. There are surely members of the congregation that have mobility issues, so I am sure the church has a plan in place to help them get into the church.

You can get mobility scooters that have large wheels, designed for uneven pavement, so this could be an option if you can't get a golf buggy.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics