Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner April 2016

Getting Married Abroad

April2016, 30 of June of 2014 at 22:00 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 10

Hello All,

We've finally decided to get married in 2016!!! We have some ideas and when we started thinking about things we need to plan, I have to say it was a bit overwhelming.

So I decided to join this forum and ask for some help. Here is what we want to do;

To have a very intimate wedding abroad...it will be a small wedding....it's going to be just the two of us :-)

Well...us, the officiant and a piano guy. I like the idea if getting married in a wood or edge of a wood. But where? We've been looking all over and can't choose a place. Could anyone suggest please?

Thanks.

:-)

10 replies

Latest activity by Sevenyearhitched, 17 of September of 2014 at 21:10
  • Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

I can't recommend anywhere abroad but have you thought about the new forest?

http://www.cottonwoodweddings.co.uk/galleries/gallery-title-3/

• A
    Beginner April 2016
    April2016 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you. New Forest did cross my mind. But we've set our hearts on abroad venue so.....

We don't really want to get married in far east. So we are looking for somewhere either in Europe or America.

• J
    Beginner September 2014
    Jfh ·
    • Hide content

My fiancé lives in Washington state and we are getting married and will be living there.

The forests there are beautiful. Here's a place that is particularly nice:

http://mtbakerweddings.com/gallery/

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Do you know which European countries you would prefer? Iv tried googling and all I get is America. Not too sure where you would start but it sounds like a very romantic idea! I look forward to hearing your plans come together!! Only thing I would say is over here you have to have an outside structure to get married so not sure how it works abroad so I would suggest doing a lot of research and a thing I didn't realise when planning ours is you have to be in the country for so long before getting married. Ours is 24hours but I have heard some are weeks!

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

Depending what you want to do for a honeymoon but how about the carribeanean loads of the hotels out there do Free weddings - sandals being one example I can think of.

Although i've just said that & seen you want it by a wood for that i think cananda might be your best bet.

I'm getting married in Sicily through Thomson & i think that's quite reasonable.

• A
    Beginner August 2015
    agataaga ·
    • Hide content

Https://evica.co.uk/cat/bridesmaid-dresses

Smiley smile

• A
    Beginner April 2016
    April2016 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all for your messages. They are really helpful, especially about minimum stay in a country before getting married.

We both like Canada but April weather in Canada might be too cold for an outdoor wedding. We did a lot of weather checking and like the idea of Florida.

Thinking about hiring a cabin in a wood and get married there :-)

Does anyone think having a local wedding planner is a good idea?

Thanks.

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

We are using a local wedding planner and so far she has been great. We went with her because of her high recommendations and I find all the legal stuff a bit baffling and the whole wedding planning overwhelming so having someone to hand that knows all there is to know was a must have for me. Some people don't think they are worth the money and I would not pay thousands for one but I guess it depends how much you enjoy doing yourself

• J
    Beginner September 2014
    Jfh ·
    • Hide content

You won't really get a forest in Florida though. It's the flattest state and actually quite boring in terms of landscape. Why not go to California to somewhere like Sequoia National Park. You can get married in the forest there and they have cabins and lodges where you can stay too. Honestly, from what you've said you wanted for your wedding with a forest and such, Florida is the wrong place.

But then I'm west-coast biased!

• R
    Beginner April 2014
    runningteach ·
    • Hide content

Hi April2016,

We got married in Central Park, NYC in April and it was amazing. The location within the park held a maximum of 30 (we were 24 but would only have been 2 if I'd had my way!). The wedding planning company we used in New York were great and organised EVERYTHING. Feel free to drop me a PM if you want any info or to see pictures for an idea of the weather and venue x

• S
    Beginner September 2015
    Sevenyearhitched ·
    • Hide content

It's lovely down by the lake at Boggy Creek especially at sundown . They have log cabins. Lake Louisa State Park also have a bit of forest down by the lake and log cabins. Again beautiful . That's just up off the 27 near Clermont.

Done forget you can get married anywhere in Florida it's the notary who holds the licence.

You could go to any of the big hotels for your reception. You could do a character dinner at Disney. Disneys grand Floridian hotel is beautiful. You could get married on the beach at Clearwater. It's lovely over there. Or down by the lake at Celebration near Orlando or down by the lake at Kissimmee. They should have finished beautifying it by now.

Honestly you are spoiled for choice and you are not limited to little wedding chapels either.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics