Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2025 East Central London

Getting married abroad - accommodation

Sjh, 7 of August of 2023 at 13:43 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 3
Just wondered if anyone here went for an abroad wedding? We are opting for this but can’t decide whether to stay the whole time in our venue or have separate accommodation.

If anyone has any feedback on this, it would be much appreciated!
Thanks

3 replies

Latest activity by Rhiannon, 24 of August of 2023 at 09:34
  • J
    Beginner April 2024 Cambridgeshire
    ·
    • Hide content
    Hi, we are looking planning on getting married on safari in South Africa and then flying onto the Seychelles for the ‘honeymoon’ bit. I guess it depends on where you’re going and the type of accommodation you’re staying in. I probably wouldn’t swap on hotel for another in the same destination. x
  • L
    Beginner
    LuxuriousOrangeDiamonds56229 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, congrats on the engagement!

Im getting married abroad, in Cyprus next year and to be fair once you've found your destination and location of ceremony, you might find that this option is taken out of your hands anyway.

For instance, ive always known, if i got married abroad, i would want Cyprus as a destination, and a certain hotel overlooking a stunning coastline, so with that, the hotel i want (cliff side ceremony overlooking the sea) stated i had to stay a minimum of 7 days with them. its honestly not worth the "faff" of carrying dress and suit (at a minimum before any decorations you want to take) around different hotels so we've booked a 14 day stay with the hotel on top of paying them to have our whole celebration. (its totalled to about £15,000 for 50 guests, buffet private disco after)

I believe most hotels will tell you there is a min requirement to stay with them should you choose them as a location, but if you choose an outside location to get married, prob easier to chop and change hotels.....

• Rhiannon
    Beginner September 2024 Tuscany
    Rhiannon ·
    • Hide content

Hey

We are planning to get married in Italy next year. Our plan is for us and our 30-35 guests to all stay in a big villa from the night before the wedding for 3-4 nights Smiley smile then we can head off to our honeymoon afterwards!

Good luck

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics