Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner September 2013

Getting married in Cyprus

MrsHJones2b, 12 of August of 2011 at 17:19 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 12

Hi

I am new to all this. I am wanting to get married in Cyprus in September 2013. I know which hotel I want to get married at but im un sure who to book it through.

I want to get married at Sunrise Beach Hotel in Protaras. As anyone booked this hotel for their wedding and if so who through Travel agent/ hotel wedding coordinator or a personal wedding planner.

Any information/advice would be most appreciated.

Hannah x

12 replies

Latest activity by Denni4, 14 of March of 2013 at 09:44
  • J
    Beginner October 2012
    jored999 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, we are getting married in coral bay, july 2012. we booked a normal all inclusive holiday through olympic holidays(who were very helpful) and then hired the hotels (coral beach hotel and resort) wedding planner, who is great. I havent been to ur hotel before but have been to protaras which was great!

• R
    rawevents ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I am a wedding planner in the UK and although I have never done an abroad wedding myself I would suggest either hiring someone to co-ordinate everything for you, therefore you have one point of contact who you can trust or find out what the hotel can offer, looking at there website they do have a wedding coordinator, but just remember they usually only use specific suppliers and do not always cover all the aspects you may wish.

If not you will have a lot of suppliers to deal with and some of which may not speak good english. I hope it goes all well, the hotel looks amazing.

Rach

• brenda.hu
    Beginner June 2012
    brenda.hu ·
    • Hide content

Maybe you could try to find hotel information first ,make sure it's a charming place.even if you could book or not,you could try some review sites that's will show you the information..?

• K
    Beginner June 2012
    kfair ·
    • Hide content

Hi hun, were getting married in Paphos in June 2012 and have booked everything through Thomas Cook, they have a wedding co-ordinator in Cyprus who we can get in contact with. Our hotel has their own co-ordinatoer who has been very helpful so far. ?

• B
    Beginner June 2012
    bellamac ·
    • Hide content

Hi Smiley smile

I'm getting married in Ayia Napa in May 2012 - in the Grecian Sands Hotel. I also booked with Thomas Cook, and got a reasonable price for the whole lot. Luckily the Hotel has a SUPERB wedding coordinator, so i'm not feeling too lost.

I was looking at Coral Bay Hotel first, but decided to go for the more busier town.

Good luck and happy planning Smiley smile

Bella x

• B
    Beginner May 2013
    Bettsy ·
    • Hide content

Hey Bella,

I'm looking to get married in Cyrpus in May 2013, and Grecian Sands Hotel is one of my selected few but i just cant decide! lol.

Would you mind if I asked how much you have paid to Thomas Cook for this year? What does it include? Do you have to pay for food on the wedding day/entertainment etc.

Is there anything you can tell me about the hotel that u've been told from hotel itself or others that have got married there?

Not long for you to go now - I bet you cant wait!! Have you got everything sorted for your big day?

Claire xxxx

• B
    Beginner June 2012
    bellamac ·
    • Hide content

Hi Claire,

Our package price was £719 on top of our holiday. Which is very reasonable in comparison to other Hotels round about it. We have another 10 weeks before we actually experience it, but there are plenty of past brides that have given great reviews on the Hotel itself, it's wedding co-ordinator (Susanne) and the food etc.

The package price includes;
    - Basic bridal table decoration
    - Complimentary room upgrade upon arrival
    - Champagne breakfast on your balcony, on the morning after your wedding
    - Complimentary Wedding Day Gift
    - Bridal Posy with one Bridesmaid posy
    - 2 or 3 buttonholes
    - Registrar Fees

Extra's include:
    - Food, and is based on a price per person. I am not aware of a drinks package as of yet.
    - Extra decoration of the various venues
    - Honeymoon Suite (I'm quite gutted about that, but i wasn't aware of it at the time of booking)
    - Depending on where you want your evening reception, there is an extra charge for the Poseidon suite
    - Entertainment (DJ, etc)

The Poseidon Suite doubles up as a Dance/Disco area - which will cost you extra if you wish to use it as such. It includes a private bar, DJ and the dancefloor!

That's all i can think of for now. But bear in mind, the prices will change for 2013.

To be honest, if we could have stretched a wee bit further - i think i would have gone for the Grecian Bay, or Grecian Park Hotel. They are sister Hotels, but a bit more fancy.

Aww yeah thanks! I have mostly everything sorted yeah, just need to pick up my dress - a Berketex number. I will rest easy when i get it!! And wedding rings - that's it. It's quite simple doing this abroad really, isn't it? Imagine organising a wedding at home!! YIKES!

Good luck with your own wedding plans, let me know how you get on.

Bella xx

• B
    Beginner May 2013
    Bettsy ·
    • Hide content

Hi Bella,

Thanks for all the info, thats fab. I am now down to a selected few hotels for Cyprus for next year, its just so hard trying to decide which one. I want everyone to not only enjoy my wedding, but the holiday as well. Its very hard to know which one as the brochures dont give you a lot of info about prices etc. i know each hotel would have diff prices for the extras but it just leaves you blind!

I'm thinking about going into thomson in the morning to ask a few questions..hopefully they will be able to help.

Not sure if easier to organise for abroad, but its definately going to work out cheaper! lol. My first step is to decide on hotel, book, and then do some sort of invites. postcards or luggage tags maybe? theres a few on line. did you do anything like that? not sure if its a waste of money.

Sounds like ur all sorted then for the big day. When i finish stressing about which hotel i can start properly planning it then lol Smiley smile

Claire xx

• M
    Beginner
    Michelleb2b39 ·
    • Hide content

Try tripadvisor, most will be the same price though. and try the hotel directly

• B
    Beginner June 2012
    bellamac ·
    • Hide content

Claire

We're only having close family & friends at our wedding, so i never bothered with invitations. I was going to have a dance when we got back home, and was going to get Luggage Tag Invitations, but i decided to cancel the dance.

Check out tickledpink.co.uk for invitations, the couple Nikki & Tom are very very good at making up the invitations!! And decent prices too.

Good luck with everything & i'll see you on the other side!!

Bella xx

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    stacey85 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Hannah

We are getting married on the 14th May this year at the Nissi Beach Hotel, Nissi Bay and we booked our holiday with First Choice and the wedding through Aphrodite Wedding Services http://www.marriageincyprus.com/ and they have been very helpful. I would recommend them.

Hope this helps

Stacey xx

• B
    Beginner November 2013
    Blondie28 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

My brother & his wife got married in Protaras in October last year - it was gorgeous and from what i believe not too ridiculously priced either. The hotel was the Vrissiana - it was lovely and i couldn't fault it at all. They booked it through Direct Holidays.

If you want to see some pictures let me know your email and i can try to send you some!

L x

• D
    Beginner January 2014
    Denni4 ·
    • Hide content

Hi I have been told of a company called Marry in Cyprus.com We are looking to marry next year and have just contacted them and so far have been very pleased with what they are offering, Hope this helps, and good luck with your wedding.

I think it is Sunrise that is being done up for this year?

Denni?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics