Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner March 2011

Getting married in Gretna Green in March, knowing which witnesses in advance? changing name on new passport/form PD2, & unsure about m10 form...

becc, 25 January, 2011 at 01:02 Posted on Planning 0

Hi

i'm getting married in Gretna green in march this year, and I am a bit unsure about a few things to do with the paperwork. I have looked online and am still unsure.I am hoping someone on here may have knowledge of these things.. ?

Do you know if I need to send the witness details at the same time as the m10 form?

I am assuming not as I guess people sometimes grab people off the street to witness their wedding, (or is that a myth??) I want to send the m10 but i'm unsure about who will definitely be coming and who to put down as witnesses. Also if I say 2 certain people are witnesses but for whatever reason they don't attend is it too late to get witnesses on the wedding day?? I am hoping they will attend and it will be more than just us but it is a long way to travel so i'm not certain of numbers yet. Either way it will be a small wedding less than 10 people I think.

I think it will be ok, i'm just looking for a bit of reassurance!!!

Also I am filling in a passport form and i'm unsure about that too.

My passport has recently expired and I want to get a new one for my honeymoon in my new name, and I am a bit confused by the PD2 forms, I don't know if its just the way my computer has formatted it but it has printed out to me it doesnt make sense as sections are to be kept by minister and some to send.What should the PD2 look like if that makes sense. Should I get my officiant to fill in 2 copies or just one?? and how should I separate/fold them/attach them together? It seems trivial to me but I worry about passport applications as the littlest thing can delay the application, so I want it to be right!!

Also if anyone has any recommendations or ideas about gretna green reception venues, and also ideas for the evening as we are not sure what to do then, It would be max 10 people so not enough for a disco. What else do people do in the evening at weddings????

I wondered if anyone has seen any nice wedding dresses that I can buy off the peg (as the wedding is so soon) for £200 or less???? I have seen dresses on BHS online but thats abut it, and I don't know where else to look. I hope to be in a size 16 or 18 for the wedding.

Sorry for all the questions, I Hope i'm not asking too much!! Thanks alot for reading my questions!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics