Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner August 2014

Getting married in Italy.

nicbinn, 10 of September of 2013 at 18:35 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 9

My partner and I are looking to get married in Italy next July/August. I am waiting for an email from Thomsons with regards to prices for Sorrento but don't know if a travel agent is the best route to take!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :-)

9 replies

Latest activity by JJames12, 18 of October of 2013 at 13:12
  • B
    BookoninLefkada ·
    • Hide content

Don’t you deserve a little fairy dust on the most important day of your life. Are you dreaming of a beautiful island with blue skies, azure seas and sparkling sand as your fantasy wedding destination. Well dreams can come true through Book On In Lefkada. We can individually design your boutique destination wedding on this beautiful island and take the strain and planning details from your shoulders. Destination weddings are surprisingly affordable and a wonderful way to celebrate your union for both you your family and your friends. We will find the perfect venue to match your requirements and from our in depth knowledge of the island can arrange and advise on so much more. To make your dreams come true just press ‘contact us‘ on the home page of our web site or telephone our wedding planner coordinator Naomi on **** 985 We can also organise Honeymoons, Destination Corporate Events, Team Building Activities, Social Events and so much more on the Ionian Island of Lefkas, Lefkada & Meganissi, Greece.

Book On In Lefkada Ltd

****@****************.***

http://www.bookonin-lefkada.com

http://www.facebook.com/bookonin

http://www.twitter.com/bookonin

• Ampy
    Beginner October 2013
    Ampy ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!!!

I'm not sure if you are aware but you can't legally marry in Italy. The Laws have been changed which means you can have a ceremony but it isn't legally binding.

My friend went to a wedding in April at Lake Como - the bride and groom announced the month before that they had already got married and the ceremony wasn't the official part. Some of the party were quite annoyed as they had spent a lot of money on accommodation (the bride has insisted everyone stayed in farmhouses together and pretty much dictated the flights etc). They said if they had been upfront from the start they would have preferred it (some people did say they wouldn't have gone though so that's the downside).

The law was changed in February of this year - we got in touch with the Embassy in January, they said they were unclear at that stage what it would mean for us; we didn't want to take the risk of booking if they weren't sure.

Having said that, the legal issues may have been sorted since and someone on here may say otherwise to what I found out.

An Italian wedding planner basically said that legally it can't be done but that some planners would bend the truth to get you to book. Absolutely shocking.

All I can say is research everything the best you can and you will be fine.

xx

• Italybride14
    Beginner May 2014
    Italybride14 ·
    • Hide content

The law changed in March, which means there is more paperwork. It's still legally binding.

• amalie
    amalie ·
    • Hide content

My husband and I were in the same situation as you when planning our wedding. I researched for months on the internet, we then decided to get married in a villa in Ravello which is really the most stunning place. We also had an Italian wedding planner, who was amazing. She also organises weddings in Sorrento. She literary coordinated everything, including all the paperwork and worked with our budget.

My advise is to go with a local Italian wedding planner, as they are able to tailor your wedding and avoid foreign bureaucracy. If you like I can give you more info about the wedding planner I used. I would definitely recommend her as she is very professional and has years of experience.

All the best.

• G
    Beginner July 2013
    grainne321 ·
    • Hide content

We got married in italy in July. There is more paperwork since the law changed in April but don"t worry it's still legal!

Your wedding planner will help you with the paperwork. We got married in a small town about 50 miles south of Sorrento and it was amazing.

Our wedding planner is originally from Newcastle. She's called Michelle and is so helpful. Check out her website italybrideandgroom.com

Happy planning!

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

Hi I booked my wedding to Italy 2 weeks ago with Thomson and I have nothing but praise for them, they made the whole experience so easy. They give you a list of what documents you need to have submitted before you travel too. The only thing I would say to do yourself is get in touch with photographers, hairdressers yourself as they offer this as an extra package but it is a bit on the pricey side. Where are you looking to get married in Sorrento? I am going to the Cloisters of San Francesco xx

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was going to suggest this because also, you might have your own personal style. No one suppler fits all!

• J
    Beginner August 2015
    JJames12 ·
    • Hide content

I would love to get married in Italy. I've been to Sorrento, and its a beautiful location. Cant wait to see photo's of what you've planned and your special day.

• amalie
    amalie ·
    • Hide content

Italy is an amazing location for a wedding & honeymoon destination. My husband and I got married in Ravello, although we also love Sorrento and especially Positano where we had our honeymoon. I would definitely recommend Italy for a wedding destination. Who wouldn't want to get married in a place like this? Simply beautiful in my opinion!

• J
    Beginner August 2015
    JJames12 ·
    • Hide content

This is AMAZING!

http://www.ionianweddings.co.uk/packages/italy-wedding-packages/sorrento-boutique-villa-wedding/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics