Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner

Getting married in Italy or Scotland?

snazzysaz, 1 of March of 2010 at 17:25 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 8

Help! I am really stuck. I am from Scotland and since its such a lovely place anyway, it would make sense to get maried there. BUT I also like the idea of Italy - somewhere on the Amafi Coast. We are only haveing a maz of 30 people and just want it to be infromal yet memorable.

Anyone else had/having similar dilemas and can provide their point of view - would be greatly appreciated!

8 replies

Latest activity by Essedizeta, 26 of April of 2010 at 20:21
  • A
    Beginner
    abeja_reina_1989 ·
    • Hide content

I'm leaning towards Scottland since you were born there. I think either will be great Smiley tongue

• L
    Beginner September 2010
    lushgirlxx ·
    • Hide content

Hey i am also from scotland but i am getting married in cyprus, we're having a small wedding with just family and close friends.

i wanted something different, and although scotland is a lovely place i wanted the sun lol which we dont always get alot of, i also wanted to get

married on the beach, we looked at loch lomand but in the end cyprus won. x

• J
    Beginner
    jsterla2010 ·
    • Hide content

I've never been to Scotland and I absolutely LOVE Italy (so that's a bit of a bias)...

That said, if you're from Scotland, would that be easier for your guests/family/friends from there? Then again, that cuts both ways: the main reason we considered a destination wedding (didn't end up booking one) was to put a natural limit on the number of people who'd attend. Smiley smile

Where in Scotland?

• A
    Amiee ·
    • Hide content

I'm also not from scotland. However, Italy is really a wonderful place to hold wedding. The weather, the suny beach and the ambiance of Italy are all perfect for the happiest occasion. Since you have a maz of 30 people, i t will be so great to have your wedding and even honeymoon in Italy.

• M
    Beginner August 2010
    mccormfi ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I'm from Scotland too but we decided at the start of the year that we would get married in Italy. We're getting married in Sorrento this August and it looks absolutely beautiful I can't wait, though as yoy say Scotland is very beautiful too. We're staying on for a bit to have our honeymoon too (6 nights sorrento, 3 nights Rome and 3 nights Venice)

Ours is just a small wedding but I think it'll surprise you the amount of people who will only be too happy to travel. Remember it's your wedding so do what you want. You could always have your reception somewhere nice when you get back home so you can celebrate with the people who couldn't make it abroad.

xx

• J
    jorton ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

Scotland is really very good place no doubt in that you are right. but Italy is also very good place.so if you want to travel and get married in other country that is more cool. i think this is different feeling and memorable experience to get married in other country.

good luck!!

Duvet Sets
  • J
    Beginner
    jcreeves ·
    • Hide content

We're in exactly the same boat! Live in Scotland, which is a beautiful place - so many people come from abroad to get married here, yet we're thinking of turning our backs on it and heading for Tuscany in Italy too.

We're still at the planning stage, so not sure how it's going to pan out. I guess there are advantages to both:

Italy - novelty of being abroad, better weather, looking to hire a villa for a week for us and the guests - so the wedding might end up lasting a week!

Scotland - easier to find a venue (can visit it first), easier for guests to get to, easier to sort the paperwork

Probably a load of other advantages to both - looks like we need to give it some more thought oursevles!

I'll be keeping an eye on your post, see what others have to day.

Good luck!

• GraceyGirl
    Beginner
    GraceyGirl ·
    • Hide content

Scotland is stunning but the weather is treacherous, so we decided to go for Italy instead. We got married on the Cilento Coast just a few kilometres from the Amalfi Coast, and I have to say I'm glad we did, also because our wedding planners at Dream Wedding Italy were fantastic and we got some incredible photographs to remember the day by.

• Essedizeta
    Beginner
    Essedizeta ·
    • Hide content

Hello there!

If you want some tips about Italian weddings you can visit my blog: www.myitalianwedding.co.uk

I'm Italian living in the UK. I'm planning my wedding in **** but I'm not sure if I want to do it in Italy or in the UK...so in the meanwhile I've started this blog where I put all the ideas I find interesting...I hope you like it and if you need any help feel free to contact me...

Stefania

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics