Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner October 2012

Getting married in Jamaica.... What happens when we get home?

anna_spanner83, 21 of June of 2012 at 20:34 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 3

Hi everyone, there are just under 15 weeks to go until we get married in Jamaica! So so excited! Just wondering, what do we need to do when we get home with regards to registering the marriage?? Name changing, etc? Any help would be appreciated! Many thanks, Anna

3 replies

Latest activity by Selenalee69, 1 of September of 2012 at 13:21
  • A
    Beginner October 2012
    anna_spanner83 ·
    • Hide content

I read on the government website that marriages abroad cannot be registered but you can give them a copy of the marriage certificate so that it can go on their records and also to make it easier for you to obtain a copy of the certificate if ever needed, rather than having to contact the country that you get married in! Alls I wanna know really is does my name automatically change once we are married, then I just need to notify the relevant people - bank/work/bills etc?? X

• Ice Queen
    Beginner January 2007
    Ice Queen ·
    • Hide content

It's exactly the same as if you get married in the UK. You inform everybody, and you will probably have to send off your marriage certificate for verification

• Selenalee69
    Beginner April 2013
    Selenalee69 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, somebody on another forum I was on had also helpfully suggested that it would be worthwile while you are there to get a duplicate or two of the certificate because if you ever need one later on,it may be a bit of a pain .

IN regards to the name change...as Ice Queen says,it is a matter of informing everyone like when you change address- make a list when you have time and add to it as you go along...D.V.L.A., doctors,banks etc etc. I'm not looking forward to that bit,lol x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics