Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner June 2012

Getting married in Kefalonia - legal documentation

Esther12, 17 January, 2012 at 18:25 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hello, I am getting married in June this year in Fiskardo in Kefalonia. I have begun to look into the legal documentation that we need.

The advice I have been given is as follows - please can anyone advise me if this is correct??

It sounds very confusing!

- 3 months before our wedding we need to arrange to get a Certificate of no impediment to Marriage

- Both our birth certificates and the Certificate of no impediment to marriage need to be translated by an official translator recognized by the Greek Embassy, then sent to the Commonwealth Office to be verified and stamped with the Apostile, then to the Greek Embassy who must apply the Greek seal to each verified document. Do we do all of this in the UK??

- We need to send the originals of our birth certificates and the Certificate of no impediment to marriage and photocopies of our passports

I would be very grateful for any advice you can give me.

Many thanks, Esther

1 replies

Latest activity by NorthernLight, 17 January, 2012 at 21:27
  • ESW
    Beginner September 2012
    ESW ·
    • Hide content

Sorry can't help you with the legal bits, but Kefalonia is a beautiful place - I went a few years ago stunning !!

Good Luck!

• NorthernLight
    NorthernLight ·
    • Hide content

We got married in Santorini, so this is what paperwork we had -

2 certificates of no impediment (one each) and 2 Full Birth Certificates (not the little square ones) with an Apostile on each first. We then sent them to Androulla Veliotu (might not be spelt correctly!) to get them translated to greek, and she arranged for them to be authenticated by the greek embassy - email address is **@**********.**.**

This then all got sent to our planner in Greece with copies of our passports.

Hope this helps x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics