Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Erin8
Beginner June 2014

Getting married in Las Vegas?

Erin8, 10 of August of 2012 at 18:13 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 5

Hi everyone, My fiancé and l got engaged a few weeks ago and we have been researching how and where to get married. The more we think about it the more we think the best idea is for us to get married with no guests for a variety of reasons. My fiance really likes the idea of Las Vegas. I was wondering if anyone has had a wedding like this and if you had any tips you could share with us about which chapels are nice, which hotels, should we get married at a hotel?

Thanks!

5 replies

Latest activity by KLS013, 17 of August of 2012 at 13:55
  • Haylz16
    Beginner November 2012
    Haylz16 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, me and my OH are getting married in Vegas this November as it's always what we wanted to do even before we got engaged we said this is what we'd do!! Although I did start to doubt this idea when we started planning. I spoke to an old school friend who got married in Las Vegas 2 years ago and put the doubts out of my head straight away by saying how fab it was and that she would do it again tomorrow. She recommended The Chapel of Flowers and once checking out the website booked almost straight away, they have loads of different packages to suit any budget and can organise everything. They have been brilliant with the planning process, it's all been done by email but you get your own personal wedding planner and ours has just been so efficient and quick at replying to our emails and going out of her way to find out info for us and help us. If you decide to go ahead you must check out their website as it's fab and looks lovely. As for hotels we're staying at the Mirage but I know a few people who have been to Vegas and say that all the hotels are brilliant in their own way xx

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your response! Funnily enough l think we thought we would go for a traditional style wedding but when we started getting some quotes and realised how stressful it could get then getting married abroad looked very appealing. The Chapel of Flowers looks lovely -l was only looking at that on the internet the other day! A few people have mentioned the Mirage but as you said l think the hotel standard is good in Las Vegas. I am now just debating what to do about a dress... My fiance suggested l bought a dress when we got there but to me that that sounds too last minute and stressful. I am thinking buying a more light weight dress over here and taking it with us would be the way to go.

• adelly
    Beginner April 2012
    adelly ·
    • Hide content

Hello

We got married in Vegas in April this year and it was amazing! It was best day of my life! We went with 26 family and friends and the whole week was great.

We got married at the Bellagio on their outside terrace (The Terrazza Di Sogno). We always stay at the Bellagio, it's such a classic, luxury and in a great central spot on the strip so we love it. Plus we got engaged there. If you marry on the Terrace when you kiss as man and wife they set the fountains off to the song of your choice so we were sold after that!

All our friends and family were so impressed with the location, they said they didn't imagine it would Be like that and when the fountains went off they were all 'ohhing and ahhing' lol. After the ceremony we all jumped on a Party Bus and did a tour of the strip and a photo stop at the Vegas sign, then we arranged a meal in a semi-private room at Mon Ami Gabi restaurant at Paris Hotel.

I think either a chapel or a hotel will be beautiful. They are all in different locations and have different themes so it would be which ever one appeals to you more. They all have something for all budgets so most have something to suit everyone. You might want to consider how many guests you'll have and how many they can accomodate for what cost and also whereabouts your reception/meal will be so you can think about transport and getting around.

Chapel of the Flowers does seem a popular choice and for hotels popular locations seem to be Bellagio, Wynn and Mandalay Bay.

Here's a link to my wedding report if you want a nosy at some pictures!

https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/317539.aspx

Happy planning!

• adelly
    Beginner April 2012
    adelly ·
    • Hide content

Oo as for the dress. I got mine at home and went for a fairly big princess style dress - I gave no thought as to how I was going to get it there whoops! Anyway, in the end I sent my dress on ahead via UPS - all fully insured and trackable and the dress shop boxed it up for me. It cost £64 and was delivered to a lady in Vegas (Debi @ Fit for a bride - she has a website) within 3 days who stored the dress in her shop for a week, then steamed it and delivered it to me at the hotel the evening before the wedding. It worked out great! I didn't have to carry it all the way there , or keep it in the room hidden from prying eyes in the days before the wedding!

Otherwise if you have a smaller sized dress you can see if it will fit in a dress box and you can carry it on the plane as hand luggage. Hope that helps.

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all of your tips ladies! It sounds like you had some amazing weddings out in Las Vegas.

The Bellagio does look amazing and some pictures in their botanical gardens would be gorgeous... We have pretty much decided it will be just the 2 of us at the wedding, which should help make food choices etc easier.

That is a good idea about the dress.... If l think about it even a smallish dress could be tricky / expensive to get on a plane plus it may get wrinkled etc. I like your UPS idea and l need to give it some more research.

• K
    Beginner August 2013
    KLS013 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Erin

Me and the OH are getting married in August next year at Paris LV which has got two really nice chapels and we got a relly good deal including accomodation. I am taking my dress with me (50's style tea length) in a case of its own but am going to find someone who can press it for me when I get there. The OH is hiring his outfit, there are loads of places that hire both His and Hers outfits so if you wanted to wait until you get there most of them say they can fit you in a suit/ dress in under an hour and will pick you up from the hotel to do it!

Let me know if you need any other help

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics