Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Durchmond
Beginner September 2014

Getting married in Portugal /Algarve

Durchmond, 18 of October of 2012 at 15:22 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 7

Hi,

Can anyone advice on a weddingplanner in Portugal? I have already heard about Dreamday.com.pt and theweddingcompany.com anyone knows?

Thanks

7 replies

Latest activity by LadyinLove, 12 of May of 2013 at 17:04
  • Ampy
    Beginner October 2013
    Ampy ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I'm looking into Portugal at the moment, I will let you know if I find anything of interest x

• C
    Rockstar August 2013
    cherrybloom ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I am looking into Portugal too the Algarve, I just got back from viewing venues there. I met with a wedding planner but I asked for more information and I am still waiting for a reply. So at the moment I wouldn't recommend them as its been 6 days and they haven't sent through the info I asked for..Mmm?. But I must say its lovely out there and seems alot more reasonable.

• Ampy
    Beginner October 2013
    Ampy ·
    • Hide content

Oh dear, that isn't good.

Can I ask which one you are referring to? I'm a control freak and the thought of being left dangling would push me to board a flight over there to get answers ;-)

Also, can you tell me - can you have a full legal wedding in Portugal? ie, not just a blessing?

I have asked on the forum more than once but no-one answers :-(

I feel like I am committing some kind of sin asking the question :-/

Portugal is absolutely beautiful, I am amazed that more peopled don't opt to marry there xx

• C
    Rockstar August 2013
    cherrybloom ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ampy,

Well you can but apparently its easier to get the legal bit done here, they suggested doing a small ceremony, then do you actual "pretty" ceremony over there, you just bring your paper work with you, they told me that even if you live in portugal you have to do a very formal legal bit you have a ceremony. You now also don't have to be in the country for 30 days before you can arrive the week of the wedding and thats fine too. You can also get married in churches over there now also.

I should add that the wedding planner did get back to me, its just that the info she sent was too big for email?. I was on the edge as it goes so you are not alone, I had all kind of thoughts, poor girl rang me straight away after the terse email I sent her?

Hope that helps.

• Durchmond
    Beginner September 2014
    Durchmond ·
    • Hide content

Hi Smiley smile
    I have already made up my mind. After several discussions with my fiance we decided to tie the knot in Cascais instead Algarve , Cascais is realy stunning! We chose a wedding planner called Dreamday . I guess they are very professional and they organize weddings also in Algarve . Try to contact them ********@********.***.** . Ask for Rosário.

Good Luck! Smiley winking

• Ampy
    Beginner October 2013
    Ampy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Cherrybloom

I think we are going to look at elsewhere. I don't feel as comofortable with all the legals involved.

Haha, were you mortified about the wedding planner? I do that kind of things all the time ;-)

xx

• Ampy
    Beginner October 2013
    Ampy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Durchnond

The legalities of Portugal are concerning me too much (I am an olympic worrier) so we are going to look at other countries.

Good luck with your planning, I'm looking forward to hearing your plans x

• L
    Beginner September 2013
    LadyinLove ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ladies,
    I am new to all this so found all your comments very interesting.....I am planning on getting married in The Algarve in September, just a small doo.... never thought of going up North.
    I have found the "Algarve wedding directory" on Facebook and have managed to get a lot of contacts of that...but stuck on the venue...
    Also a friend of mine got Married in the Algarve a few weeks ago and highly recommended James Hardie Photography and his website looks good, compared to the others very reasonable and you get him and his wife who are both English, so think we may contact them..

How are your plans getting on?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics