Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner June 2019

Getting married in Santorini - Help?!!

Staciibride2b2019, 3 of October of 2017 at 08:03 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 1

Hi Everyone! (New on here so sorry if this has already been asked on here!)

My partner & I are looking in to get married in 2019, we love the thought and look of Santorini but a few places we have looked @ online etc we have noticed a lot actually that it’s just venues and hotel/apartments are separate and are a few miles apart. We preferably would like the venue, hotel/apartments and everything else in one place (Just like you would back in the UK!)

My questions are these:

1. Does anybody know of some places that are like this?

2. Any recommendations? (Anyone that has got married here)

3. Anything I might need to know that you find out whilst getting married there?

As sooner the better we have a place, date etc everything we can then we can book, which is at the momebt just in air waiting to be booked! But without a date then nothing can be done!!

Thanks and again sorry if this post or similar has been posted before! Smiley smile

1 replies

Latest activity by hopey_, 10 of November of 2017 at 21:09
  • I
    IDoCosmesticsbyClaire ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

Firstly, you have picked the most amazing island to be married on. I lived and worked on the island 11 years ago and return every year at least twice. You will love it ?

Have you looked at Suites of the Gods? Everything in one place for you or also Dana Villas?

Santorini is a small island and your wedding venue maybe a few miles away from hotel it's always a short journey. On a map it looks deceiving but driving from for example Kamari to Fira is 10 mins. During high season it is becoming busier to drive but your wedding planner will work out times for you.

Suites of the gods and Pyrgos Tavern are 5 min drive from each other, wedding ceremony and then meal? Just a suggestion but so close to each other and both beautiful. The distance of similar venues can look further away than they actually are!

Good luck in setting your date, I will be arriving on the island in April - Oct 2018, to establish my Bridal make up services. I'll post on website launch day in January ? However, please feel free to contact me with any Santorini questions, it's my island and I adore it ❤️

Claire x

• hopey_
    Beginner February 2019
    hopey_ ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

From a guests perspective we went to wedding in Santorini a couple of years ago, we all stayed at the same hotel in Kamari and the venue was about 10-15minutes away (Santorini Gem, was gorgeous). The couple aranged a bus to take us all there and return us back to the hotel afterwards. It worked absolutely fine, and the bus journey was quite fun with everyone getting excited on the way there and fairly merry on the way home!

H x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics