Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner September 2022 West Midlands

Getting married on 11th September 2022 (uk)

Joe, 13 of February of 2022 at 21:36 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi All,

A few months back we decided to book our wedding for the dream venue. We had two options available, those being: 11th September and 25th September. We decided to go with the 11th as it's closer to August and hopefully better weather!

Is this an acceptable wedding date, we are in the UK. One family friend mentioned it to us after booking and it's something I hadn't considered in too much detail before.

Many thanks

3 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 14 of February of 2022 at 18:36
  • H
    Dedicated May 2022
    HappyGoldBridesmaid18836 ·
    • Hide content
    I think it’s fine. I know it’s a date which no one will ever forget but there’ll be lots and lots of people who have picked this date as their wedding day since 2001. X
  • Marcy
    Beginner February 2022 Middlesex
    Marcy ·
    • Hide content

You have whatever date you wish. The world cannot stop every year over what happened so far back. Also, do you remember 7th July a few years ago in the uk. I bet nobody bats an eyelid over that date when booking.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Think of all the people who had been married on that day before 2001. And all the people who have been born since. Are they never to celebrate their birthdays or anniversaries because they land on the anniversary of a day many people died?

Besides, why should terrorists get to dictate that we can't celebrate anything happy on that day? Letting them control what we can or can't do on that anniversary would be like we're letting them win.

Unless you have someone close to you who was personally affected, and who might struggle to attend a wedding on the anniversary of their loved one's death, I'd go for it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics