Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Storky
Beginner May 2011

Getting married this weekend?

Storky, 16 of May of 2011 at 17:03 Posted on Planning 0 18

Who's turn is it this weekend?

There seems to be a distinct lack of good luck threads flying around. Come on, Hitchers, keep an eye out for your pals and date twins. General consensus is if you share a date or know them you get first dibs on starting but people shouldn't be missed out so if you've not seen one and you've looked, for goodness sake - START ONE! Sorry to be ranty given it's only a little piece of the internet we occupy but receiving a Good Luck thread is AWESOME and with a bit of collective responsibility every poster can have one!

So, ladies and gents, start looking at people's tickers and get posting!!

Oh, and find my bloody Asda delivery. It's got my lunch in the bac kof it as well as dinner for tonight and I'm hungry and grumpy!

18 replies

Latest activity by Panjita, 17 of May of 2011 at 15:35
  • knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

Some people don't have tickers!

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

There's me, 1Lucie and TinaTeaspoon all getting married this weekend. We do each have good luck threads, but I think they're a few pages back now. ITCHING to read mine!

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content

Just checked out the 2011 list and the only person who's name I recognise who's getting married in the next week is tina teaspoon. Not sure whether the others on Friday/Saturday/Sunday even post on here any more...

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ME! MEEEEEE! MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! ?

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

I am glad you reminded me, I didn't want Panjita missing out- she's marrying in a couple of weeks.

Amnesia Custard is getting married in a 2 or 3 weeks but I am not sure of the date???

• 1Lucie
    Beginner May 2011
    1Lucie ·
    • Hide content

ME ME ME MEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

• GemmaLouise1986
    Beginner
    GemmaLouise1986 ·
    • Hide content

Aww good luck ladies x

• mrsgreatbatch2b
    Beginner July 2012
    mrsgreatbatch2b ·
    • Hide content

Your so right Cricket, I was thinking the other day there's not many about anymore.

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content

Sammyjay - are you on the 2011 list. Can't think how I could have missed your name.

Lucie1 - Saw your name and thought 'who's that?' - only recognised you when I saw your avatar just now! Very weird.

I was kind of expecting there to be a little bit of a lull with good luck threads since so many were started last week. I hope no one's been missed out...

• fizzypop
    Beginner July 2011
    fizzypop ·
    • Hide content

Here here CB, I'm itching to start my twinnies thread! x

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

I have no idea if I'm on the list or not....

• happy_feet
    Beginner
    happy_feet ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

he he me too!!!

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Amnesia Custard is getting married on the 4th June, the same day as me, and so is Lake Garda bride.

Does this mean I should be starting their threads ? Or is it too early ?? I never know the etiquette for these things !!

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you K-V. I am on June 4th (two weeks on Saturday) but I couldn't get a ticker to work for me on here. Not through want of trying, I just gave up ! LakeGardaBride and Niche79 are my date twins - there may be more of us.

• BrideMrsT2B
    Beginner June 2011
    BrideMrsT2B ·
    • Hide content

I like posting on the good luck threads and post on here as much as I can although restricted by work sometimes. I generally post on any really and wouldnt consider that I have 'friends' on here although I do look out for some people because our dates may be close together but I am worried about starting posts in case of stepping on toes which I know has happened in the past!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Normally threads are started about 2 weeks before so that they're near the top as the Hitcher's big day approaches.

• Tina Teaspoon
    Beginner May 2011
    Tina Teaspoon ·
    • Hide content

I am so desperate to read my good luck thread, it's ridiculous. Holding off until Thursday though - or Friday if I think I won't be too busy running around (ha ha).

I was going to start threads for Sammy and Lucie but people far more organised than me beat me to it - not that I mind in the slightest! I think I'm almost as excited for their days as I am for my own!

I've tried to catch up on all the good luck threads today as there's loads of weddings coming up that I'm really looking forward to but I won't be around for.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah thanks so much for remembering me!!! ❤️

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

me too!