Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hayley
Rockstar September 2022 Norfolk

Getting ready

Hayley, 14 of January of 2022 at 06:34 Posted on Planning 0 10
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone can advise how long getting ready will take please? We will likely need to leave around 11am to head to the ceremony. I am having 2 bridesmaids but they are doing their own hair and makeup. I am having my makeup done and my Mum might be too. We have a photographer who will cover 12 hours. We were thinking of having him 10-10.

10 replies

Latest activity by Hayley, 17 of January of 2022 at 18:01
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

We need to leave at 11.30. We are starting at 7 with our hair and make up, but my MUA is doing me and my 2 BM's and photographer is coming at 10 to do a few getting ready shots. I would ask your MUA what time she thinks she needs to start and let her guide the timings. Then you can let photographer know and they will be able to recommend a time for them to come. My MUA said an hour for each BM and 2 for me, so I guess you would be ok to start about 7.30 if just you and Mum as I think that gives you a buffer and a bit of time to do some Car shots once you are dressed and ready.

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great, thank you. Who knew makeup could take so long ha. I don't normally wear any 😄
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha, me neither as I don't wear it! I think hair takes a while as I need it curled and pinned, but best bet is to ask your M A as based on your style she will know roughly how long

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great, thank you. Yeah, she seems really helpful. I'll have a trial nearer the time too.
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

I would say you are better off having the photographer 9 till 9 rather from 10. If you have to leave at 11 then they will be needing to leave at 10.30 to get to the ceremony before you do. So that will leave them 30 mins of prep. If you are running late you may not of even put your dress on by 10.30 when they leave so if you want shots at home when everyone is ready then you will all need to be ready NOT in time for you leaving but in time for the photographer leaving at 10.30 - then work back from that as to what time the hair and MUA will need to start.

If you are having a first dance at around 8 pm then 2 hours of party dance action is a lot. Especially as quite often its the same people on the dance floor all night.

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for the info. I was hoping to get a few last minute pics of our final band who starts at 9.30. I'll have a chat with all involved.
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah that changes things then if you want shots of the band.

This is why I do not price and shoot by time - but by event - start of meal/ first dance/ start of band/ fireworks. Weddings quite often do not run to time. What happens if you go over 12 hours.

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm not sure, it just says whole day-10-12 hours. Will check nearer the time. Thanks for your help.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I would ask your hairdresser and MUA how long they expect to take - it totally depends on your look and also, on how long it takes to get into your dress.

I had a simple updo, no makeup and a zip up dress and was ready to leave 40 minutes after I started to get ready. I have a friend who took 3 hours (heavy makeup, seriously fancy hairdo and one of those corset style dresses that take half a day to put on)

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, will do. It's only makeup I am having done and a floral crown will need to be put on at some point.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics