Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner April 2025 Surrey

Getting ready attire

Kelly, 24 of July of 2024 at 18:42 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 5
Hello. I have a beautiful backless dress for my wedding with a hidden bra built in. I have just realised that wearing a normal bra all morning, when getting ready, will leave me with marks on my back. Any suggestions for a supportive alternative? Needs to be supportive due to my size and give a reasonable shape for getting ready photos. Many thanks for any suggestions.

5 replies

Latest activity by Robert, 20 of August of 2024 at 21:39
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Would a swimsuit work?

Although if it's just for getting ready, I wouldn't worry - hair and makeup people will have seen all sorts, and your photographer can pick flattering angles to take.

• L
    Curious July 2025 Greater Manchester
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    Could you have your getting ready pics taken earlier in the process and then take off your bra 1-2 hours before the ceremony? The mark should have gone by then and you can always test it out now before the day to see how long the mark takes to fade? X
  • Victoria
    Savvy September 2025 Hertfordshire
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    A swimsuit is such a clever idea!!!
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Kelly! I wore the white pajama tops from Primark with lovely bottoms from George at Asda and a white dressing gown when I was getting ready! I don’t have a huge bust but they are big for how petite I am and that top held me well. I must say it is crop (high waited bottoms) and double layered for support.
  • M
    Beginner November 2024 Kent
    Monica345 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! A backless dress is a stunning choice. Let's find the perfect solution for your bra needs.
    Adhesive Bras or Pasties: These are popular choices for backless dresses. They provide varying levels of support and coverage. Remember to test these beforehand to ensure they stay in place.
    Silicone Bra Inserts: These are cup-shaped inserts that offer more support than pasties. They are often reusable and washable.
    Backless Bras: Some specialty lingerie stores offer backless bras with wider straps or different support mechanisms.
    Body Tape: This can be used to customize support and lift, but requires practice and precision.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics