Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner September 2014

Getting ready outfit

future.mrs.c, 27 of June of 2014 at 09:45 Posted on Planning 0 27

Hi everyone,

For getting ready on the morning of wedding I keep going between tracksuit, dressing gown, tracksuit, dressing gown..............

Obviously with a diamond bride print on back! Ha!

What are you all planning on wearing? Where are you getting yours from? All seem quite expensive.

Thank you Smiley smile

27 replies

Latest activity by AKWedding, 29 of June of 2014 at 21:06
  • InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Probably the same thing I sleep in: an old T shirt and a pair of H2B's boxers. I'm not carting a dressing gown to the hotel. But I suspect I'm not a good person to answer this question as I'll just be getting ready with my H2B, so there is nobody else to care about what I look like at that point.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

I keep bouncing between options too lol. I'll prob get a waffle robe over some pjs, scrappy top type as I know I'll veer from hot to cold lol.

• cosmictrout
    Beginner August 2014
    cosmictrout ·
    • Hide content

I'm probably going to wear my cookie monster PJs! Or jeans and a top if I feel too slovenly staying in my PJs all morning.

Sensible advice I had (from my photographer) was to wear something which buttons up all the way, rather than pulls over head, so that you don't ruin your hair/make-up when you take it off.

• kharding2014
    Beginner October 2014
    kharding2014 ·
    • Hide content

I got a cheap waffle road from primary which I'll wear over clean pjs. I got my bridesmaids some pjs from primark that are a vest and stretchy trousers in navy. They don't look to PJ like and now I'm considering getting a pair for myself.

x

• RusticBride15
    Beginner June 2015
    RusticBride15 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Having made the robes with diamanté print myself for my cousin a few years back id say its cheaper to do it yourself you can pick up cheap robes from places like eBay or primark for less than £10 and then the diamanté prints are a couple of pounds also from eBay, really simple to do pop into position, iron over the back and hey presto!!! Hope this helps ❤️

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

Hay, I wanted the white track suit with bride on the back but ended up with a blue and white stripped silk knee length dressing gown with bride on the back from debenhams for £20!

hopefully it should be warm as the weddings the end of aug this year and I do get hot easily so for me it was the best option.

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

Not too sure what i'm wearing yet, but got to remember no matter what I pick is that it is easy to take off without messing up hair / makeup! lol

• xoxoxo2017
    Beginner May 2017
    xoxoxo2017 ·
    • Hide content

Having just received a pair of funky brightly coloured floral cotton harlem trousers from my FSIL as a birthday present, possibly the comfiest but least trendy item ever, I now know what I am wearing... THOSE! Smiley smile Along with a black vest saying BRIDE on the front or back. I'll be getting a vest for my BMs too for the morning if not too dear

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

I will probably be wearing my fave PJs: OH's South Park bottoms and my Download 2006 t-shirt (it's like an antique to me)! They are nice and comfy!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I just wore my PJs!

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I get ready in it quite a lot for a night out, so I have mastered getting it off Smiley smile Plus, I will be wearing my hair down anyway, so I'm not worried about messing up any up-dos Smiley smile

• LittleSnowflake
    Beginner January 2016
    LittleSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

A brand new pair of pjs :]

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

Thus but a homemade version rather than the Agent Provocateur £275 version! It's silk so hoping it will keep me cool. The BM's have the reverse colourway.

• SunnyOrangeFlowers21
    Beginner August 2014
    SunnyOrangeFlowers21 ·
    • Hide content

I'm really tempted to wear my onesie (bought two days ago and was nearly disowned by OH for buying it!)

• D
    Beginner August 2014
    Deb11 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My OH had the same reaction when I bought one. So I bought him one and he's never looked back! Lol. I've bought a cream onesie for getting ready and will probably chuck 'bride' on back with iron on transfers just to chav it up a bit more! ?

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

I just wore a pair of cropped leggings and a white vest top - comfy, very cheap and easy to slide off downwards keeping my hair in place!

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

I wore cropped jeans and a vest top first time round. My niece (BM) wore jeans and vest top, my sister (MOH) a button-down dress and my cousin (BM) a dressing gown.

Go with whatever you're going to be comfortable in as you may be in it for a while! I was the first to get hair done (at 9.30am) and last to get make-up done (at around midday) and didn't get in my dress until after everyone else was ready and my make-up was done.

• Suzie88
    Beginner August 2014
    Suzie88 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going for PJ's and a dressing gown.

My word of advice is: a friend of mine got married in April and bought her bms a zip up hoodie with bridesmaid across the back. Trouble was, they were black, and new. So after a couple of hours of wearing and having hair and make up applied, they took them off to put on dresses and were all fluffy! Probably best to avoid black/dark colours!!!

• Shamy
    Beginner September 2014
    Shamy ·
    • Hide content

I'm thinking new robes and PJ's (with vest tops) from Primark for all of us, particularly as we are having 'getting ready' shots with the TOG.

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sarah_88 ·
    • Hide content

This is something that I need to think about!

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

Not sure yet, but the advice about a button-up top is good, don't want to ruin the hair and make-up. I think if you are going to have a photographer around for getting ready shots, it might be nice to wear something not too scruffy e.g. no really old T-shirts with holes in it.

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

I am wearing this

Cost me £25 each, they are light so I won't get too hot whilst getting ready xx

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

Hey Pink and Glitz, those look fantastic! If you don't mind me asking, where did you get them from?

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

thanks for this.....I went into debenhams yesterday and picked up the satin nightshirt from the same set. Perfect!!

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

Hi AKWEDDING I got them from Pure Treats! They have some lovely stuff online, order in plenty of time as they took over 2weeks to arrive at my door x

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, I will check out Pure Treats!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics