Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner June 2018

Getting ready outfits for the morning

Lilacbouquet, 23 of August of 2017 at 15:46 Posted on Planning 0 9

Are many of you having 'outfits' to wear for yourselves and bridesmaids while you are getting your hair, makeup and pre-wedding pics done on the morning of the big day?

I would like to get my maids and me something to wear for a bit of fun but as we will all only wear them once I don’t fancy spending lots per outfit. Any ideas where I can find reasonable ones from?

9 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousYellowDiamonds486, 20 of September of 2017 at 17:38
  • L
    Beginner July 2018
    Lusciouslittlebluebellx ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure if you have this shop local to you but a shop called Home Bargains had some cute PJ sets and light dressing gowns with bride and bridesmaid written on them. They weren't too expensive ? If not eBay and Amazon are usually cheap!

• H
    Beginner May 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti849 ·
    • Hide content

I hadn't really given it much thought, all those printed dressing gowns etc. seem like a waste to me

• H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

Seems like a waste to me too.

• A
    Beginner November 2017
    AutumnBride041117 ·
    • Hide content

I have been debating this one too. There are some very reasonably priced dressing gowns on eBay which I think I will get, pink for the girls & white for me.

• F
    Savvy July 2018
    FutureMrsT123 ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking of robes but without the personalisation so my bridesmaids can use them again. It's cheaper too, and etsy do some lovely silk ones by the looks of it. I was going to put it in a little bag along with a bracelet, a mini bottle of prosecco, and some other treats as a "bridesmaid survival kit" (so some little things like face masks, sweets for a sugar burst, paracetamol for the day after etc)

I don't even mind if they don't want to wear them, I just see it as a bit of fun Smiley smile I'll be wearing mine though!

• E
    Beginner October 2017
    ExpensiveYellowConfetti904 ·
    • Hide content

I'm staying at the hotel the night before and they supply us with bathrobes, so we will be wearing those; however I wanted to do something so I was going to get matching pj's for the night before and loads of places stock the slippers that say bridal party etc on - even Asda do them! I saw some really nice little pj's in primark actually - I wouldn't normally even think about there but they were really cute and available in lots of sizes!

Im also giving small bottles of perfume, hand cream and earrings for the morning too.

• P
    Beginner September 2017
    PinkGems254 ·
    • Hide content

Asda do some - they are online exclusives though so you can't buy them in store. They have pink 'brides tribes' ones and white 'brides to be' robes as well - they are both only £8 each

• G
    Beginner April 2018
    GeorgieBea89 ·
    • Hide content

EBay do floral silk robes for approx £3.50, they take a few weeks to arrive as they come from China but they are the exact same ones that companies in the UK use to make and sell personalised robes, so don't worry that they are from China. I ordered one just to check the quality before ordering loads, and they are honestly really nice.

With the floral ones I wouldn't even bother with personalisation, but if you did want 'bride' and 'bridesmaid' etc on the back or if you decide to buy plain ones, there are companies on Facebook who sell iron on vinyl transfers to make them yourself - SO much cheaper than buying them already personalised!

I think it's really nice to all be matching while you're getting ready; it will get you in a wedding-y mood and be really fun! As others have mentioned Asda and primary do sell little PJs with 'bride' etc on if you'd prefer something like this. Or buy plain vest tops from Primark and a pair or little floral shorts, and get an iron on transfer for the vest!

Hope this helps x

• V
    Beginner September 2017
    VegasBride2017 ·
    • Hide content

Hi I got one from ASOS with bride embroidered in silver on the back and left breast, £26 I think, Ill wear it all holiday/honeymoon xx

• L
    Beginner September 2017
    LuxuriousYellowDiamonds486 ·
    • Hide content

Onesies? Do Primary still do them?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics