Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachel
Dedicated June 2023 Greater Manchester

Getting rid of blonde highlights wanting to go back to natural colour

Rachel, 9 of November of 2021 at 15:08 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 3

Hey girlies
I was just wondering if anybody knew the quickest way to get rid of blonde highlights I don’t want to go the salon and have it stripped as all I want is my natural dark hair back for my wedding in 2023.
I know it’s a while till 2023 just want all this blonde gone soon as possible as I’ve really gone off the idea of having blonde highlights I’ve had for a few years now..Thank you💜

3 replies

Latest activity by Lucy, 20 of November of 2021 at 23:46
  • K
    Curious July 2023 Lincolnshire
    Kelly ·
    • Hide content
    It depends how long your hair is....? Home dyes tend not to do your hair any favours and you may end up having to go to the salon for a repair job. I'd start getting low lights to match your natural hair and have them increased each time to gradually get rid of the blonde while maintaining condition.
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

You can try box dye at home but it may not cover or go a funny colour. I know you don't want to but the Salon is the best option to ensure your hair is in the best condition and the colour is removed professionally. Maybe call a few salons and explain the situation as they may be able to do it stages or wait till you have grown most of it out (if you can in the time) and then just strip the lower ends which will be cheaper and quicker

• Lucy
    Savvy October 2023 North Yorkshire
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    Hi, I am in a bit of similar situation to you, I was going to just try and grow it out and then possibly get a dye put on that would be near enough the same as my natural colour if it hadn’t all grown out by time the wedding comes round (Oct 2023) but then I got my hair done a few month ago and stupidly got more highlights put in 🤦🏻‍♀️ But definitely going to try and grow out as much as I can I think!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics