Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

amandam
Beginner March 2005

Getting Rings blessed

amandam, 14 of June of 2008 at 18:24 Posted on Planning 0

I've been married just over 3 years now and me and H both have had to get new wedding rings ? Mine was stolen and his cracked and hes got to have it remade

He suggested getting them both blessed by his priest when his ring is back. Anyone know what happens for this? Anyone done this?

• Finesse (HIB)
    Finesse (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Hi ya

I bought my husband a new wedding band for his birthday in November as um, I had lost it, long story. Anyway, I phoned the church where we had been married 4 years before and asked if they would bless the ring. They said yes.

So, on his birthday I got him up early and dressed fairly smart and took him to the church where we were married. He didn't have a clue what was going on.

The priest met us and that's when I gave Paul his new wedding ring. The priest then took the ring and basically he said a beautiful prayer about our marriage and family (which was lush as our 3 year old was there too with gran). He then flicked the ring with holy water, blessed it and I placed it onto his finger. I was actually crying! It was so lovely mainly because it reminded me of my vows that I made and our wedding day. All in all no more than 5 minutes!

I would definately get it done, it's a really lovely thing to do and very simple to organise. You can go into church and meet the preist for a private blessing or it can be done at a service infront of a congregation.

I then took him and charlie for a very posh breakfast, it was a lush day.

HTH

Ruth

❤️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics